PDA

View Full Version : creaking clutch NOT slave cylinder related

jt1583
10-20-2005, 07:28 PM
my clutch creaks when i push the pedal down, and most people said it was slave cylinder. well, I took the slave cylinder off and by using a screwdriver for some leverage i was manually pushing the clutch fork back and forth and it was creaking, I think its something inside the bellhousing. I went with some F1 ebay clutch, I hope its not the fingers of the pressure plate or anything. am i suppose to grease anything on the inside when intsalling a clutch that maybe i forgot? what could be making this noise?

max_misawa
10-21-2005, 03:52 AM
the spring on the pedal???

Max

smily_vigor
10-21-2005, 04:26 AM
^^^ Can't be the spring on the pedal, if he disconnected the slave cylinder and moved the arm manually and still hears the noise, the pedal is not longer connected so obviously it's not moving.
Dude sometimes you have to put lithium or some other type of grease on the springs on the cluth disc, but i'm doubting that's the problem. Without removing the thransmission you probably won't find the problem. Maybe try removing the rubber around the arm and see if you can shine a light up in there to see what's going on.

dvdevo
10-21-2005, 04:50 AM
heh, i think i'm having that same problem. I"m pretty sure its not my slave, since i changed it. Either way, if you want to fix the problem, you gotta drop the transmission i think. While you're at it, buy a better clutch.

shift_knob
10-21-2005, 05:25 AM
It seems like its the pressure plate making the noise, or the thin metal springs between the friction material itself. Unles you are not telling us somethig. Was the old clutch making the same noise? Does the clutch work properly without any chatter? You should have put a small amount of high-temp grease on the pilot bushing, on the input shaft splines, on the throw out fork pivot, and on the throw out hub where the fork meets the hub. Also, its a good idea to dab some grease on the throw out fork where the slave cylinder pin contacts the fork. The throwout bearing itself is lubed-for-life, and you should not be putting grease on the diaphgram springs, as those get extremely hot and could cause the grease to 'cake' forming a sort of glue. The pivot could make noise if it was not greased. Unlubed splines can bind and you would feel that in the clutch pedal.

Its most likely the cheap ass clutch you bought. It was made by babies in a Mongolian cave. Don't drive it rough now cuz it will disintegrate.

Here is the feedback from one of the customers that bought an F1 clutch from gripforce-clutches on eBay: Positive feedback rating: plate real brand grind off and painted on top ,not as advertised fast shipping.

jt1583
10-21-2005, 12:07 PM
motors out tranny is off, throw out bearing/clutch fork assembly dont creak when i just move them. I'd like to get the motor back in soon and avoid shipping a clutch to me, im aiming for ~200whp for the next year with a turbo upgrade after that, how do you guys think an OEM clutch from nissan would do?

sdtouge
10-21-2005, 04:52 PM
dont do it. and what oem cluitch are you gonna get lol.

just get another ka clutch.
i got an extra sr disc if you wanwna get the flywheel and starter and grind i dont think you should do that lol.

oh , i have a centerforce dual friction, it was on my ca, actaully on your flywheel lol.
lemme know if you want to take if off my hands.