PDA

View Full Version : Headlight mystery for Electrical Gurus

boostd4
10-19-2005, 09:27 PM
I've got this headlight issue with my S13 that I can't seem to resolve. My passenger headlight is out about 95% of the time, but sometimes comes on after the headlights have been on for more than 30 mins (much like the HUD issue). The high beam comes on without any issues, its just the low beam. I bought a new bulb and came up with the same result.

Here are some of the variables:

The car used to have driving lights that the previous owner installed (rather poorly) and I removed them.

Headlight fuses are intact.

I traced the wires coming from the headlight back as far as I could to the main harness and didn't find any cut or damaged wires.

Sometimes even if the light comes on, it goes back off while driving.

It seems as though this is a wiring issue rather than the headlight switch itself, as the driver side headlight still works. I am planning to remove the bumper and see if there is something I'm missing...but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rogue240sx
10-19-2005, 09:29 PM
This is just a guess but check the headlight relay.

theicecreamdan
10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
there is a loose connection somewhere. find connectors and check them out.

Indolent
10-20-2005, 01:38 AM
i assume a connection, but you can always check the headlight switch/arm and checking out the copper arms, make sure they're contacting well to establish the connection to turn them on, check by pushing down on the copper fingers with something non metal