PDA

View Full Version : fixing rim bent curb rash

SimpleSexy180
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
ok so i hit a curb (dont ask the story, and i wasnt drifting for your info lol). but i hit the curb and now my front passenger wheel lip is bent towards the tire now. i'll try to get some pics soon but their enkei meshies with a deep lip. so is their any places i can take it to get bend back to normal? and if their is what is the price range usually?

infinitexsound
10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
wheels america... hit them up

A Spec Products
10-19-2005, 02:23 AM
ok so i hit a curb (dont ask the story, and i wasnt drifting for your info lol). but i hit the curb and now my front passenger wheel lip is bent towards the tire now. i'll try to get some pics soon but their enkei meshies with a deep lip. so is their any places i can take it to get bend back to normal? and if their is what is the price range usually?

i think some guys go to TWS

alta can fix it too

HyperTek
10-19-2005, 08:30 AM
yah talk to The Wheel Supply out in Walnut, they did a buddy of mines. Sanders is the guy to talk to over there. He will tell you if its worth fixing or not and give you a price. Be prepared to spend over $100..

justinhustle
10-19-2005, 08:39 AM
if you go to tws, tell sander you know justin in ohio

might help the price a tad, but you get what you pay for

and you pay a decent amount there, but get fantastic work done

SimpleSexy180
10-19-2005, 12:42 PM
kool thanks a lot guys.

SimpleSexy180
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
oh yeah guys i wanted to know also since the wheel is pushed back alittle towards the passnger wheel well (NOT in towards the motor) could my control arm be fuxored now?? or any other things that may have caused this?

kingsol
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
check your lca to see if it's been piched and your crossmember

ayes
10-22-2005, 09:12 AM
if its anything like this http://www.floridaracing.org/drifting/DDAY8/set2/images/IMG_2336.jpg

take the tire off and bang it wit a hammer, Enjuku racing fixed it at a track in like 5 mins, so props to them and their hammer wielding mikey :rawk:

FRpilot
10-22-2005, 11:13 AM
wow hammering out wheels.. cheap and easy fix but im sure it didnt look smooth. if you were in nor cal i would suggest http://www.wheeltechniques.com/

Redsunz916
10-22-2005, 12:03 PM
that looks the same as mine, if not less worse, mine was missing the metal, this place called, precision wheel works, in sacramento, fixed it for about 120 bucks but came out pretty nice, the only thing i didnt like u could tell if u really really stare at it for a minute., ull notice a metal differance, but not bad knowing that my rims was totally screwed

HyperTek
10-22-2005, 12:36 PM
so they where able to weld on metal? I had a friend who took out a decent size of the lip.. and another with worse damage and Sanders @ TWS said it could cost $140 but no telling how its gonna come out.

SimpleSexy180
10-22-2005, 05:56 PM
thanks guys i really appreciate it. so much shit is going on right now i havent had a chance to look at it, but i will very soon. hoping its just a lca :x:.

Oh and my wheel kind of does look like that but its more pinched in and not as long.