PDA

View Full Version : sr swap elecltricalproblems need help

speedhappy
10-18-2005, 07:24 PM
ok
I just installed a sr swap in my 240 . but when I turn the key it does nothing. I checked the wiring to make sure nothing was wrong . Igot a voltmeter and checked to make sure I was getting power to everything . I got power to the ignition switch, the computer , the starter signal wire , the engine bay, the stater. but the small wire on the stater that sends the signal to the starter is not get the signal . I checked all the fuses inside and in the engine bay and they were fine. there is power to the in=gnition switch and to the starter ,but when I turn the key the starter does not turn over. but if I jump the starter with a screwdriver the starter spins but does not engage the flywheel. I'm stuck please help.
thanks

the head
10-19-2005, 08:51 AM
check and make sure the starter has good ground to start second did you relocate you battery? and if you did did you hook up All of the wires that need to be wired to the battery? (there are two plugs that hook to the pos batt terminal along with main power on S13) I had forgot to hook one of those up and that was my issue.

420sx
10-19-2005, 11:49 AM
theres 2 plugs on the starter. make sure the "slip on" female plug is on the securely.

plus make sure its grounded like it was said above.

good luck

speedhappy
10-19-2005, 11:59 AM
well this morning i started triple checking everything I found that I had plugged one plug in the wrong spot but that didn't fix the problem but when I take the wires at the fuse box in the engine compartment that had to be looped together if I take the black one on the harness side and touch it to the white one on the fuse box side the engine will crank over but i still cant use the i talk to a guy from jim wolf he said that there was an inhibtor switch between the ignition and the fuse box and that i needed to get a manual and trck it down but there is no one around here that carries a manual for a 89 240so if anyone knows where thatswitch is or knows where i can find a complete diagram online please let me know
:smash:

the head
10-19-2005, 02:27 PM
did you do a manual swap at the same time or did you not hook the inhibitor up?

if you need to jumper the inhibitor switch follow these instructions
there are two wires in a grey plug under your fuse box one black with white stripe one black with yellow stripe that is your inhibitor switich run a jumper from one terminal to the other and you should have it.