PDA

View Full Version : ok temp gauge acting funny!! whats wrong now?

240silvia
10-16-2005, 11:14 AM
ok well the weather here has been gettin kinda cool lately, bout low to mid 50's at night, so anyway this is my setup, stock 92 ka24de w/ 80k, fan clutch removed, with ac fan running all the time, no ac condesor infront of the radiater. now during the day when its low to mid 80's outside the temp gauge reads normal at the half way point, which is good. but at night when it cools down i noticed a signaficant drop in the temp gauge, the gauge reads halfway between the first and second mark after the C. well i didnt think anything of it till i had turned on the defrosters and noticed the gauge was reading a lil over the C, sooo i remembered that if ur car overheats that if u turn on the defroster the temp will drop so i turned off the heater and what do u know the temp gauge went up too the second notch, sooo wtf? is this normal or what? soo i notcied that today the gauge was reading bout half way sooo its workin ok just at night when the temp is cooler it reads low as shet.

sil80forme
10-16-2005, 09:30 PM
bumpity bump bump anyone?

Phlip
10-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Personally, I would think a difference in outside temp to present a natural difference in indicated temp on the car... Replace your thermostat, they're 8 bucks and 15 minutes to change, make sure the water pump is good and bleed the system and there shouldn't be a problem.

... oh, and you guys are doing that little "not logging out" thing again, work on that.

sil80forme
10-16-2005, 10:02 PM
ok i will thanx, oh yeah i know i need to work on that butits just easiar to post onhis name insteah of logging out sooo

borohingacoupe
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Um yeah, sounds like it's colder at night. Colder air going across the radiator is cooling the water inside better then the hot air during the day. I thought it would be common sense, but I guess not...

420sx
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
the defroster deal makes no sence to me whatsoever. theres got to be something else to explain it

theicecreamdan
11-09-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah I think you have some crossed wiring somewhere...