PDA

View Full Version : best sounded non rice can style muffler

shinrekka
10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Im gonna atempt to weld myself a new exhaust, I have a Apexi N1 3" on my car right now but i think it stands out way to much. I have a flowmaster import series sitting in my garage right now but its only a 2" inlet and outlet. If possible i'd want to keep the piping at 3" but so i need to know what brand muffler people have had the most success with sound and performance wise. I know flowmaster, borla, and dynomax make these style muffers but have no clue what they sound like, i would love some feed back on this. Its gotta be 3" and normal muffler style. Im probaly gonna put in a resonater to quiet it down a bit if it needs it and then paint the whole thing with black exhaust paint except for a single porsche 944 style tip on it. Please i need some replys soon, someone offered me 300$ for my exhaust so i gotta get this exhaust done asap.
Thanks!

orion::S14
10-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Magnaflow...they make straight-through, perforated core mufflers and resonators.

I used a single 5" round, 3" in/out..it's a little loud, not too bad.

Thier "normal" style oval mufflers are here: Jegs.com, Magnafow mufflers (http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=20983&parentCategoryId=10265&langId=-1)

- Brian

s13speeddrft
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Id say definitely go with a magnaflow. I have one and it has a very nice deep tone to it. Its a very nicely designed muffler.

nrg
10-14-2005, 02:30 PM
N1 exhaust on NA cars sounds funny. Now put that same exhaust on a turbo car; sounds much better.

I would go with Trust DD, Dart, Buddy club specII.

mr_240sx
10-14-2005, 10:28 PM
N1 exhaust on NA cars sounds funny. Now put that same exhaust on a turbo car; sounds much better.

I would go with Trust DD, Dart, Buddy club specII.
Apex'i N1 on an sr sounds AWESOME!!!! :2f2f:

g6civcx
10-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Also check out the RS-R ExMag. Not very loud and all and very low key with the all black tubing.

shinrekka
10-16-2005, 10:25 AM
RS-R Exmag looks good, do they all come with like a normal muffler and black piping? or do they make dif version that i mite make the mistake of buying.

g6civcx
10-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Be sure to order the ExMag, and not the ExMag GT2/version 2. The original ExMag is more expensive, but has the all black tubing and muffler. The tip is a little shiny though. There's an article on Performance Nissan Mag about it if you want to read up on it.