PDA

View Full Version : tanabe coilovers problem

enen11
10-13-2005, 03:53 PM
its been 3 months? i believe since i installed tanabe pro-ss type II coilovers on my car. initially when i first got them on the car they were pretty quiet. just recently maybe the past month and a half every time i go over any size bump they will squeek. not just heard from the inside, i can clearly hear them from the outside when i push down on the rear of my car. is this a common problem with tanabe coilovers or is it just mine? dampening works just fine, car doesnt bounce around. i took them off to see if anything was damaged or what not, but they are still in new conditions.

chmercer
10-13-2005, 04:01 PM
check for loose upper mount bolts.

sw20>>s14
10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
check all the bolts you touched in the process of the installation and if it still persists, most likely your bushings were gone to begin with and now they went to hell and back...

A Spec Products
10-14-2005, 01:52 AM
check all the bolts you touched in the process of the installation and if it still persists, most likely your bushings were gone to begin with and now they went to hell and back...

yes, check all the obvious simple things first before pointing the finger at the coilovers, maybe arm bushings

also remember that you can always contact tanabe usa (on this board) or off the board directly with any questions. they can help you find the right answer and are very knowledgeable about their suspension.

enen11
10-19-2005, 02:31 PM
ok the squeeks comes and goes now

i replaced the stock rubber bushings with poly-urethane ones recently. could it be that they are binding or just need a re-lube job?? since now it comes and goes on a day to day basis

drift into a curb
10-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Probably your urethane bushings. They should be lubed with moly paste.