PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Gone or Something.

Creizai
10-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Well I just bought my new 240sx SOHC 90 it drove pretty damn good. Anyway I just got tonight after a very short drift session which ended in me and my buddy pushing my car up a big hill.

Heres my problem, I can put the Stick into All gears fine, car revs 100% good. Only problem is I release the clutch start pressing in the gas and it wont go. I can put the stick into all gears but it feels like it isn't "Catching" at all.

Any Idea's? I have no money right now, and I gotta get it towed back to my house soon.

beng2k
10-10-2005, 10:05 PM
When its in gear and the clutch is engaged, does it go anywhere or do the RPMs just go up..if so...save up for a new clutch most likely

Creizai
10-10-2005, 10:23 PM
It doesn't move at all but the RPM's go up.

Car has 150,000 Miles and I can smell pretzels when I rev it.

FRpilot
10-10-2005, 11:14 PM
your clutch is bad.. the clutch is slipping.. happened to me when i bought my 240. i changed the clutch and everythign was fine till i blew a headgasket. (im cursed for that)

like the other guy said.. save up for a clutch and your car should be fine.

Creizai
10-11-2005, 12:13 PM
The car wont move at all 100% could I have broken a Shift Linkage?

240meowth
10-11-2005, 12:59 PM
the clutch is somewhat adjustable, just go play with that little metal rod behind the clutch peddle. 2 years ago my car's clutch was slipping if I shift gear and reved up, i thought damn gotta save up for an clutch, but instead I adjusted the metal rod, and 2 years later i'm still on the same clutch.

Creizai
10-11-2005, 02:09 PM
the clutch is somewhat adjustable, just go play with that little metal rod behind the clutch peddle. 2 years ago my car's clutch was slipping if I shift gear and reved up, i thought damn gotta save up for an clutch, but instead I adjusted the metal rod, and 2 years later i'm still on the same clutch.
I'll check that, but its completely gone and my car wont move at all. If i Really BAAAAANG the gas to the rev limiter it will baaarely move.

NemeGuero
10-11-2005, 08:48 PM
clutch isn't disengaging... check all hydraulic parts (master cylinder, slave cylinder, pivot fork, etc.) and if that doesn't help... drop the tranny