PDA

View Full Version : Turning on -- Wiring problems

Ess14
10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I had a theft on my 240 and the Boost contoller, TT, and SAFC were stripped, I have just finished wiring everything back up except for the boost controller and I have some questions.

I rewired everything back into the original harnesses unless some things were cut, which they were.

But when I turn the key, the engine doesnt turn, nothing happens... The interior lights and headlights work but none of my internal electronics turn on. I have removed the center panel, I have basically all of the wires behind the dash in clear view but I don't know where to start on this one. Everything a wiring amature could check has been checked and I cannot figure out the culprit.

gfisch
10-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Well, the turbo timer controls your ignition to keep the car running. So if that wire were cut, the car wont start.
Sorry, don't remember the wire colors to help you trace it, maybe someone else can help there. You should at least be able to figure out which is the ignition wire on the key switch using a multimeter (just see which turns on to 12v when its in the run and start position, but gnd for the others.)