PDA

View Full Version : Nismo GT Pro LSD(drop in?)

Riptider
10-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I have a 1996 s-14, base model, no abs, open diff and wanted to get the Nismo Gt pro or the tt. I talked to DREW over at raretrick and he informed me that since i had an open diff i would have to get the exact same pumpkin(3knuckle six bolt) but except with a viscous in it and the GT pro should drop right in.

So, what i will need is...
1)pumpkin with the viscous(because "inside" of the pumpkin without viscous is different then the pumpkin with viscous. Hence fitment problems.)
2) Nismo LSD from raretrick(comes with rings, fluid, etc.)
3)Competent installer

...to make this drop in right??

Let me know if I will need any extra parts. I just don't want to wait for the lsd for a month or two to find out that i was a retard and needed this and that to make it fit. I think that's it?......

redsuns3838
10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
It should be fine as long as you get a competent installer to install the diff into the pumpkin. im jealous....i want an LSD , im stuck with crappy VLSD.

Riptider
10-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. Looks like I'll be ordering the GT pro or the TT in a couple of weeks. Drew said he has orders shipping out monthly from Japan so that schedule works for me. Besides I need to hunt for a viscous one now. I did some searching already and a local junkyard (Brandywine) has some but their asking $350!! The cost of the LSD + the cost of the pumpkin+the cost of installation= :eek:

I guess you have to pay to play. :2f2f:

n2motorsports
02-01-2006, 01:21 AM
double post...see below

n2motorsports
02-01-2006, 01:28 AM
deleted....message length