PDA

View Full Version : Blown Headlight Fuse?

gorgasm
10-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey guys.. I just finished putting my kouki front end on today, I dont know if that has anything to do with anything, besides the fact the headlights have new bulbs. but i turned the lights on, and drove down the street and all the lights shut off, even the guage cluster lights. I checked the fuses for the R/L Headlight in the front fusebox and the were still good. the rear taillights fuse is blown. but none of the headlights work or the taillights, or the gauge cluster. However the hazard lights & the brights work.... So is there some kind of master fuse that controls all of these that i can check? or any other ideas? thanks guys.

gorgasm
10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
anyone?..........................

theicecreamdan
10-06-2005, 12:10 AM
mighta got lucky and popped a few fuses, check them all out.

gorgasm
10-06-2005, 01:27 AM
damn. i hope its not a wiring issue, i guess ill check all the fuses.

projectRDM
10-06-2005, 06:50 AM
There's three separate circuits you're dealing with, if the headlamp fuses are still good then you more likely burned up the switch.

How did you wire the lowbeam?

m0rex
10-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Theres one fuse that controls everything and its not on the outside its in the inside of the car right under the steering wheel. Check those actually just check all of them. Usally a fuse will go out before it fucks anything up so i doubt you did any damage.

projectRDM
10-06-2005, 09:18 AM
You know nothing.

There are two fuses for the headlamps, and one for tail/dash lamps. That's three if you can count. Rereading the post it looks more like the lowbeams are wired incorrectly and that's why they don't work, but saying that one fuse handles all the lighting circuits in the car is wrong.

gorgasm
10-06-2005, 09:51 AM
You know nothing.

There are two fuses for the headlamps, and one for tail/dash lamps. That's three if you can count. Rereading the post it looks more like the lowbeams are wired incorrectly and that's why they don't work, but saying that one fuse handles all the lighting circuits in the car is wrong.

Where are the 2 different fuses for the headlamps? because the ones in the fusebox under the hood are good. the taillamp fuse in the fusebox under the kickpanel is bad. so im changing that today. but the headlights/gauge cluster still are unexplained.

projectRDM
10-06-2005, 10:46 AM
There's two in the underhood fusebox, not two different locations. You've verified those are good.

The tail fuse powers the parking lamps and the dash illumination, since that fuse is blown it explains why the cluster lighting is out.

gorgasm
10-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all the help R240NA. I ran down to autozone and decided to change the headlamp fuses even though they LOOKED good. Fixed the problem right up. I was just about to come here and ask you where the dash illumination fuse is, But I guess since i replaced the taillamp fuse its good now, Thanks again man.

projectRDM
10-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Send beer and we're even. Corona preferred.