PDA

View Full Version : what are the symptoms of.....

SR240DET
10-01-2005, 08:10 PM
im having some trouble with my transmission/clutch... basicly what are the symptoms of a bad: throw out bearing, pressure plate,clutch slave cylinder, pilot bearing, gear, syncro,and that bearing on the drive shaft that i cant think of its name right now....

im having this nasty vibration between 5-20mph my transmission just starts to shake really bad.. starting out its fine... then at around 5 mph it shaks and gets worst till 20mph and starts to smooth out...

since i cant get a professional opinion on sunday.. ill have to wait till monday and im just wondering if somebody might know might be going on.. iv never seen or heard of anything like this till now... so thanks for any help... if i get any..

Pacman
10-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Your trans shakes? Like the shifter moving vigoriously? Thats most likely a broken trans mount like what I have.

SR240DET
10-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Your trans shakes? Like the shifter moving vigoriously? Thats most likely a broken trans mount like what I have.

yeah it only shakes from 5-20mph but idle.. its fine... and after 20mph-ish its fine also... hmm..

iv narrowed it down to pilot bearing, throw out bearing, pressure plate, and flywheel...

does anybody know the signs of these items going out?

TheWolf
10-02-2005, 03:33 PM
pilot bearing symptoms (whine when clutch is depressed)
throw out bearing (loud whine when clutch is depressed)
pressure plate (clutch not engaging/slipping excessivly)
flywheel (clutch slipping and not engaging)

sounds like your tranny mount or your driveshaft around the center bearing area.

SR240DET
10-02-2005, 07:07 PM
pilot bearing symptoms (whine when clutch is depressed)
throw out bearing (loud whine when clutch is depressed)
pressure plate (clutch not engaging/slipping excessivly)
flywheel (clutch slipping and not engaging)

sounds like your tranny mount or your driveshaft around the center bearing area.

yeah i think your right... holy shit..... we will find out soon enough thanks for the help so far...

SR240DET
10-02-2005, 09:19 PM

your right pacman... its the trans mount.... i took it off yesterday and it looked fine... took it off today and looked at it a lil more close.... and i see that its cracked... i pulled it harder and yep... its shot.... completly.... so thanks for the help guys..

KyoLo
10-04-2005, 01:59 AM
might be driveshaft joint worn out