PDA

View Full Version : Simple ECU Inquiry got weird in a hurry...

BoostInnovations
09-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Background info: S13 Redtop in an S14(95) chassis...greddy IM, 3'' TBE, profec b spec II(not regulating boost), SAFCII(just translating), walbro 255 HP, FMIC, BKR7E-11 plugs and thats really about it...

This is a direct copy/paste from my thread on FA...ill also post the link:
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=68011478&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

found that my AFC only sees like 3.990volts at WOT from my TPS...that doesnt sound like a good reading to me...isnt it supposed to be like 4.5v or something? I've tested it before at the sensor and i believe it was the correct reading...

ok so wtf i just went out and pulled the ECU...its got a sticker on it that says racing servis garage fukui SPL...it doesnt have a daugtherboard or anything inside but it does have a little socket for it tho...hmm i wonder what this ECU holds as far as tuning etc...can you just tune the stock PROM chip and not have to replace it?

ok so this just got interesting...i still had the supposed "bad" ecu...well i plugged it in to see if i could read any codes at all...well i started the car it and sounded like [censored] and then definately just died...i tried it again and it sounded like [censored] so i decided to turn it off but it wouldnt shut off...so well ok that ECU is officially bad by my own encounters...but what was more interested is that i pulled a code 11(CAS) and a code 34(Knock Sensor)...wtf?! but then i decided to try the "good" Garage Fukui ECU and the redlight just stays on...no matter what way i turn the little dial...hmm im thinking just buy a known good stock ECU and try that dont ya think? Its obvious that the ECU is probably some of my problems...i mean why would that ECU pull the knock code and the CAS code if they were perfectly alright? But then again the car doesnt run normal with that ECU so maybe its just the ECU...IDK someone help me out

BoostInnovations
10-01-2005, 12:40 PM
cmon seriously someone has to know something...

oh yeah something else to add...when i had my CTS unplugged(trying to diagnose it) the bad ECU pulled that code before i even turned the car on so its reading the sensors right...