PDA

View Full Version : wiring harness wont come out

t88-supra
09-29-2005, 03:06 AM
ok, so I started my swap tonight, got all the stuff from my stock 240 un-done in the engine bay. then in the passenger side, unscrewed the bolt holding wiring harness to ecu, then unhooked brown clip and completly removed ecu (I think, 1 silver piece) then when moving the harness out into firewall, it seems to be getting caught on something, also a few wires are getting really tight, did I unhook all the appropriate connections under the dash?

projectRDM
09-29-2005, 08:46 AM
There's a cable tie on the firewall behind the blower case, make sure it's loose. I'm assuming you unplugged the dash connector.

t88-supra
09-29-2005, 06:46 PM
There's a cable tie on the firewall behind the blower case, make sure it's loose. I'm assuming you unplugged the dash connector.

I belive so, which one is the dash connector?

projectRDM
09-29-2005, 08:36 PM
White plug on SOHC, brown on DOHC, straight above the ECU, beside the glovebox.

driftin240
09-29-2005, 08:48 PM
the wiring harness has one of those hard plastic things in it, it gets clipped down to the car, make sure its popped up and loose, i had to cut the plastic thing out so i could pull my harness.

golfer17
09-30-2005, 12:38 PM
omg, we spent forever trying to get that harness out. there is a plastic thing in there holding it in, and if u look up under the dash far enough, u can see it, the problem is, it is almost impossible to cut, and everytime u think u got it cut, u find out u didnt, but just keep trying, eventually u'll git it done.