PDA

View Full Version : Smoking ?

Destructo
09-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey is it normal for a engine to smoke alittle if its been sitting for some period of time? I imagine it will burn off. The engine doesn't sound like its knocking or anything its really smooth just some smoke out the down pipe.

thejester03
09-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Mine does that too, its valve guide seals from what i understand, but add some Oil addative, and that should go away, you can run a 70% concetration of lucas if it smokes REALLY bad, I added two of the small bottles of the Wal-Mart brand, and it made a HUGE difference, no more smoking at all, but mine smoked quite a bit at idle, more so with the AC on.

Destructo
09-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Do you think it would make a difference if im running a syn. to add the additive?

thejester03
09-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Lucas makes an addative for Synthetic oils. How many miles are on your motor, and how long have you been running synthetic?

ranisron
09-27-2005, 12:27 PM
don't lucas that often though... only use it if the motor been sitting out for while... or you have been using crappy oil for a long time...

Destructo
09-27-2005, 05:52 PM
motor has been prolly sitting for a better part of a year, if not maybe alittle more. It was acctually just switched over to a synth. I havent ran it yet cause the car isnt road worthy yet cause its in the middle of a swap.