PDA

View Full Version : need HELP, stupid car don't go power to move up the hills.

ghostuss
09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
LOL, I can't believe this. The damn car sucks when trying to take off at a stop on a uphill situation. basically it feels as if it is about to stall and boggs really bad. If you wondering, NO it's not my driving skill.(I lived at san francisco and had a s14 that never had such problems) So I am wondering if this is how SOHC are like (weak as hell that it won't take up the hill at low rpm) or is this there something wrong? The clutch doesn't seem to be slipping when I do WOT. The car does have a lot "surges" when I gun it. Like the revs won't be smooth. It would slow down at a middle then zoom to redline. Feels like turbo lag without the turbo and gforce pushing oyu back almost LOL.

Note: I took out the AIV so that should be out of the question. Then sparks are new, caps are new, only wires are not. I am going to clean the MAF and intake valves and see if that helps. Then swap in a 300zx fuel filter. Any other suggestions?

SochBAT
09-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Mines isn't like that. Then again, i've got a welded diff. Does it also have a really bad coldstart?

mistaanime
09-27-2005, 01:44 AM
search...but maybe you have tried and did not succeed...anyways..check radiator sensor and clean maf..try injector cleaner too..then again..this situation..has nothing to do wit welded diff..

SochBAT
09-27-2005, 02:11 AM
having both wheels move at the same rate, and being able to crawl with one might.

ghostuss
09-27-2005, 06:42 PM
I figure it's not only on uphill situations. it seems to have NO POWER at all at low RPMS.

A Spec Products
09-27-2005, 06:46 PM
not sure if sohc is same, but my dohc bogged and idled like crap when the coolant temp sensor was bad. i had to change the sensor and the harness/plug as well, that ish was corroded.

check connections for corrosion, clean with electrical cleaner and use electric grease. can't hurt.

SochBAT
09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Maybe the MAF needs to be replaced? That surging and bog-down sound like hesitation from the MAF.

tastyratz
09-28-2005, 09:21 AM
sohcs have more low end power than dohcs. dohcs have more tq in general but its more up high, the sohc is known mainly on its low end tq bias over the dohc... so no you shouldnt have problems with that. I have no issues with my sohc.... check normal tune up procedures air filter/fuel filter/ cap/rotor check your plug wires and plugs so on / so forth. looking at your plug tips tells you alot about the way your engine is running. i.e. if its rich they are black, etc and so on. id start swapping parts around with a friend till you find out whats doing it. maf would def cause power problems.