PDA

View Full Version : Burn Spot on Exhaust

IES13
09-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know how to remove a burnt spot on the top of an exhuast. I just installed my Gt500 cat-back a few days ago and notice that it was melting my bumper and dripped melted plastic onto the exhuast tip.

I was able to remove most of it but for a dark brown burnt mark the size of a finger nail. I tried WD40..no luck...I'm bummed because it doesn't look clean and spending $400+ for it...Do you guys think chrome\metal polisher would work?

Thanks All

speeddreamz
09-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Buddy, are you more worried that your bumper melted or that your exhaust is turning black? exhausts do that b/c of the shit that comes out of the exhaust. Best bet is to make sure you have your cat in. But it'll turn black anyways...

IES13
09-24-2005, 02:07 PM
No, Its removing the heat burnt mark off the exhaust itself. Its not the CO2 frm the gas being burned but from the bumping melting onto the exhaust. I solved the melting problem by lowing the exhaust with the hangers and placing a steel plate on the area on the bumper where the exhaust tip is.

Now its cleaning the miss the exhaust heat caused on the exhaust tip. Pretty much how to remove heat burnt marks off steeless steel..

Thanks

420sx
09-24-2005, 05:14 PM
have u tried acetone?

smily_vigor
09-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Use a light sand paper like 1400 grit and then buff it with chrome or metal polish.