PDA

View Full Version : is this the automatic pilot bushing? (picture)

d r i f t swift
09-24-2005, 03:12 AM
ok so ive read some descriptions but havent seen any pictures.. just want to make sure before i start hacking away. so is this it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/emilihoe/autopilotbushingmaybe.jpg

Indolent
09-24-2005, 03:27 AM
yeah i believe so, doing the manual swap?

Eternal_240Sx
09-24-2005, 03:36 AM
yea that looks like it, but the one ive seen on the SR wasnt sticking out like that. it was flush.

DRFT
09-24-2005, 03:45 AM
search n00b!

but yea it looks like it is, but i don't tihnk i need to tell you since the others said so already

nice Z too!

fliprayzin240sx
09-24-2005, 03:59 AM
dont forget to put in the manual bearing when u get it off. My boy forgot to put that POS after he popped the auto off. Easiest way to get to off is drill it on 2 sides then just collapse the whole thing. Just be carefull not to nick the inside, just the bushing.

smily_vigor
09-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah that's it for sure, the easiest way to get it out is to take a punch or a chizel and bend it in on one side then it's easy to just pop out. Like the others said, don't forget to put the manual one back in. Use a piece of wood flat again it to hammer it in so that you don't dent it up. (talking from experience when I did mine)

d r i f t swift
09-24-2005, 09:41 AM
sweeet thanks for the help. looks like im going to have to go rent a puller.

misfitsfreak81
11-28-2006, 07:59 PM
i know this thread is old as fuck, but the pic was just what i was lookin for. im in the process of replacing clutch and pilot bushing and was tryin for almost 2 hours to get that piece of shit out without f-in it all up thinking that its im portant. well i guess its not since i have a 5spd manual that someone obviously put on a auto block. so NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO GETS A MOTOR. pull the fuckin bell housing and look real close at the pilot bushing or in my case the pilot converter. the pic of this in the fsm is for shit. THANK YOU drift swift for posting this.

mike