PDA

View Full Version : Noob question... Sorry

JDM*S14
09-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I just got into the Nissan scene, and no not because of drifting, I do alot of canyon driving and I've been around it for a while... I was into hondas for the longest time... But once you drive a RWD, the FF isn't as fun... So anyways is would it be better to wait and find the 240sx that I like in Stick shift or is the auto to manual conversion an ok route if the car is in really good condition, and what problems would I be facing a auto to manual conversion. The only reason I ask is nice 240's are hard to find.

lanesteele240
09-23-2005, 09:51 PM
hello i would hold out. i have a few parts cars and sold a pedal conversion on feebay. it was hell taken the stuff off and i bet a bitch to put them on. the hard line that runs down form the master to the slave is awefully crooked. getting it snaked out is a challenge and a whole lot of cuss words to get it back in. that is just the pedals. you still have to get a ecu, tranny, clutch and the auto crank shaft has a diffrent journal that the end of the manual tranny input shaft fits in to. it is called a pilot bearing. the manual has one and the auto dont. i dont know if you are going to need a manual wire harness. now that you have all that stuff you will need to do some wire mods if you have cruise control, the clutch pedal has to make a switch to let the ecu know that you have the pedal pushed in. it will have to be wired in. your nutral saftey switch will have to be hacked. and you will need a shift boot. finding one of those in good shape is as hell. all in all i would say please wait. but what do i know :D

Irukandji
09-24-2005, 01:33 AM
hmm... buy one that won't break down on you.

spend spend spend

auto--->manual conversion is jsut as good as factory manual if done right.

no worries...

welcome to the world of horrible cars where little things break, and your wallet is always empty

fliprayzin240sx
09-24-2005, 03:56 AM
hmm... buy one that won't break down on you.

spend spend spend

auto--->manual conversion is jsut as good as factory manual if done right.

no worries...

welcome to the world of horrible cars where little things break, and your wallet is always empty

Haha...so tru....I should use that for my sig. My boy just traded his prelude for a S13 that made it 20 miles from the guys place and the clutch is fried. Had to tow the bitch back and $350 later. :duh:

i8yourfwd
09-24-2005, 04:52 AM
Don't get a 240sx, stay with your hondas. Just a example of random stuff that has broken on my S13:
Cone at the end of the axel popped off
Snapped the bolt on my cat
Alternator bolt "fell off"

Want a car that can do well on your "canyon runs"? Get a miata.

fliprayzin240sx
09-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Good point...want the best of both worlds? I got a friend whos selling a miata with a blacktop SR20det in it. =p

S14DB
09-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Search!!! AT->MT is one of the top 5 mods discussed.