PDA

View Full Version : finally finished the swap

prymer 240
09-21-2005, 11:56 PM
so finally after a whole summer.. of working on my s13 swap ( n hour or 2 a night).. i finally got my car on the road. i had it running a few weeks ago.. i jus needed to put my drive shaft in. so finaly its in and i decided to take it down the road really quick and see how it ran. very very loud considering a half a downpipe as my exhaust. so running up and down my street at midnight had to wake up all the neighbors and wildlife. but watever. so then i got a little confident that it was runnin somewat fine.. so i stepped on it... big boom.. and no power. i putteded back home... and the hot pipe blew of the stock side mount.. Duhhhh should of put a hose clam on it.... but its ok.. then i went home... the only thing is that it seems to sputter at idle.. n e one know y? i still havent put the walbro pump in yet...

smily_vigor
09-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Yo man I better say this before everyone else jumps down your throat. I hope you do some more searching while you wait on a few more replies to this post cause I know i've seen this problem before for other users. You basically already said what the problem could be so I guess we should start with that.
- #1 rule when installing an sr in a 240sx is; you should to upgrade the fuel pump to something like a walbro or a 300zx pump or you'll end up starving the engine for fuel.
Now sputtering or rough idle could be caused by various different things. The general stuff to take a look at are;
- Check your timing to make sure it's not off
- Make sure your spark plugs are good/clean/and properly gaped
- Check the fuel filter and change it if it's clogged or really old
That's some general stuff to look into but like I said before do some searching cause i'm sure there's a few more things you can look into.

prymer 240
09-22-2005, 05:52 PM
thanks man... i know i ll prolly hear it for not searchin. bu watever... i appriciate that u wernt a dick...