PDA

View Full Version : Valve Stem Issues!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

thejester03
09-21-2005, 06:08 PM
OK, I was getting some new rubbers put on last weekend, and they broke a valve stem, the problem is, they cant find another one like it!!!
Its a metal bolt in stem, but the part that actualy goes through the rim is much smaller than the rest of it, so traditional valve stems wont come close to working. Any one know what I am talking about or know where i can find a new one? Ive been sporting the spare for 5 days now and cant stand it any more!!

theicecreamdan
09-21-2005, 06:43 PM
the tire place where you're getting your tires mounted cant help you out?

what about taking the wheel to a machine shop and getting the hole drilled out bigger?

thejester03
09-21-2005, 06:46 PM
They looked into it, the only person they heard of doing that said the stem never sealed after drilling it.
It was Wal-Mart, apparently they dont have many connections in the wheel world.
Heres a scetch if it will help anyone....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/93two40/untitled.jpg

anthony240
09-21-2005, 07:10 PM
brand of wheel? where did you buy the wheel? the manufacturer may be able to help out.
how they hell did they break it?

thejester03
09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Dunno what brand, bought from a guy that bought'em from a guy ya know, as they were taking the old tire off, it cought the stem as it came off and just ripped it off.

theicecreamdan
09-21-2005, 07:40 PM
try talking to some other tire places I guess.

thejester03
09-21-2005, 08:07 PM
The guy at Wal-mart has been ALL over NWArkansas lookin with no luck.

asiangento
09-21-2005, 08:35 PM
from what i know... a regular stem should fit. i've never seen a wheel that has a smaller hole then regular stem size. but if it is smaller, i dont see why u can't drill it bigger. u just have to round the edges of the newly drilled hole so it doesnt cut the stem. real pics would help....

thejester03
09-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes yes, I KNOW!! Pics would help, the wheel is @ Wal-Mart 45 minutes away, so you are just out of luck on that front. The whole IS smaller, as said and illiustrated, and as said, the only person we have found that has done that, said they were never able to get the stem to seal after that, and Wal_Mart doesnt wanna take the risk in that happening. So unless you can ACTUALY read the post, and know what you are talking about, dont bother responding.

theicecreamdan
09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
drill it and seal it with RTV or JB weld or somethin

slydin240
09-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Yes yes, I KNOW!! Pics would help, the wheel is @ Wal-Mart 45 minutes away, so you are just out of luck on that front. The whole IS smaller, as said and illiustrated, and as said, the only person we have found that has done that, said they were never able to get the stem to seal after that, and Wal_Mart doesnt wanna take the risk in that happening. So unless you can ACTUALY read the post, and know what you are talking about, dont bother responding.

Wow bud - no pic I don't think we are out of luck, I think you are. I work for one of the largest wheel/tire distributers in the states and may have something for you but without a picture I can't be of any help.

slydin240
09-22-2005, 07:45 AM
http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/14806100_0430-med.JPG

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/14806100_0433-med.JPG

Let me know if this is what you are after.

thejester03
09-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Sorry if I came off a little harsh there yesterday, I was having a bad day, and am getting rather frustrated with the whole situation. The part that goes through the rim is .23". If that helps, they still have the old stem, trying to find one to match, so I cant get a pic of it. Thanks for the help guys.

slydin240
09-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Hit me up on AIM bud - I have these stem right here. How many do you need? I have long ones and short ones. I do not have tooo many so if you need a spare I have them. Let me know. We will work something out.