PDA

View Full Version : car sounds like wrx, oil on spark plugs

Indolent
09-21-2005, 11:12 AM
91 dohc, i know valve cover is kinda leaky, but not too sure if the spark plug gasket is, this happened before, i was just driving, and all of a sudden my car sounds like a wrx like it's running on 3 cylinders or i ono? felt really laggy then it went away, now the problem came back and it didn't go away, i figure it was something with my spark plugs since a friend of mine had the same problem, i got home took my spark plugs out, found oil on the spark plugs on 2 and a lil on 4, i have spark plugs from my other motor that don't have that many miles or anything on them, thinking of using those to see what happens, how should i fix this?

Ritz S14
09-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Disconnect the fuel injectors one at a time. Once you isolate the problem to a certain cylinder, you can check the spark plugs, spark plug wire, and injector. Since it's intermittent. I'm 99% certain it's an injector problem.

Indolent
09-21-2005, 11:37 AM
could octane also cause this, always ran 91 until recently lol, only had so oh so much money to put in for gas to just barely make it home

aznpoopy
09-21-2005, 11:52 AM
do you smell gas in your oil?

Indolent
09-21-2005, 01:08 PM
hmm, i think i just smell oil