IKKarma
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Whats the horse power diff. Between the rb25det neo and the rb25de

Pandapants
04-05-2011, 06:49 AM
I think the de has about 60hp less.

lg54
04-06-2011, 10:40 PM
somewhere i heard that the stock turbo elbow on a rb20 wont fit, it will hit the steering coulmn? truee that?

Sileighty_85
04-06-2011, 10:50 PM
depends on the mount kit but pretty much yeah it wont fit
You gotta get an aftermarket one and put some dents in it

lg54
04-06-2011, 10:51 PM
^^^ thanks, what do you mean with dents?

Sileighty_85
04-06-2011, 11:00 PM
gotta dent it so it can clean the steering shaft, unless you get the SYKO mount kit that comes with a special custom elbow to clear it

singlecamslam
04-13-2011, 11:13 AM
question, my turbo oil drain gasket is leaking on my rb25. Can i use a t28 gasket, or do i use the T3 gaskets/ where can i buy one of those gaskets.

redline racer510
04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
try nismoparts.com ask for Jeff shockey he can definitely get you any part for your rb

singlecamslam
04-13-2011, 02:04 PM
awesome ^. He gave me the part number and i just ordered in from the dealership. It looks like they are RB specific. If anyone is interested the part # is 1519673L00

Pandapants
04-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm using ka24e injector o rings and rail insulators on my rb20 if anyone cares. 500+ miles so far and no leakage.

redline racer510
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I am looking for the timing cover grommets for rb25. Called a bunch of dealers and aftermarket part suppliers and they seem to be discontinued can anyone help?

Sileighty_85
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
the grommets from the VG30 cover are the same.
i think i got mine from Courtesy

redline racer510
04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
cool thanks

redline racer510
04-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Im getting ready to drop in my rb25 into my s14. My car is a 95 240sx that originally had an auto transmission and would like to know if wiring the reverse lights, 5th position light, neutral switch the same as showed in the s14 auto to manual swap thread?

s14owner95
04-26-2011, 05:56 PM
(My KA blew up, and I was 80% ready to go back to an SR, but something in my head talked me into an RB25 (mainly because I lied to my wife and told her I could get away with it for cheap, somehow that convinced myself too, stupid stupid!)

Hey I know this is a huge post, but I didn't want to clutter the forums with another thread. I read through this whole RB FAQ section and it hasn't come up. Although, I could ask what spark plugs, oil filter or belts to use for the 800th time..

So I bought an RB25DET... supposedly out of an R34. Of course google R34 RB and all you return is NEO. This motor has a metal turbine, no secondary butterfly on the throttle body(that ugly solenoid), side feed injectors, a 4 row ECU (which I haven't got from the company yet), the plastic CAS, coil pack ignitor but a push type clutch...what the hell do I have? A hybrid? Also, doing the wiring I've found that I have a lot of connections on the ECU wiring that only goes to A/T stuff. *sigh*

I'm an avionics technician in the Navy, so I do wiring for a living, seems stupid to send off my stuff and waste my own talents. (But good luck finding an R34 Non-NEO wiring diagram, the google search "R34 scribd" returns the FSM for the R34, but the diagrams it shows always has the NEO version DET motor.

Question 1: So as it stands, I unpinned all my ABS stuff from my KA to try and make it work on the RB (since ABS is independent), but I'm stuck with 4 wires that go the ECU that I don't know what they are exactly, and if I need them in the RB harness (I know, ABS is for lames, but I figure what the hell, I'm already balls deep into this thing, I might as well do it, plus I don't have the money to delete it right now). There are 4 green wires, and one yellow and red (I know the black one is to a common ground). On the RB side, i only see one pin from the ECu that is a ATS/ECM/ABS combined ping. So anyone know how to finish this wiring off?

Question 2: Since the company hasn't sent my ECU, does anyone know what the ECU code is for my engine? I'm guessing it's an R34 non-neo?

Question 3: What the hell am I doing?

Question 4: (it's a long one, and I posted it down under in Skyline Australia)
I have searched 100's of Google Pics, looked for write ups from various people but I think I can only get the right answers from the people who actually OWN the cars.. So if you've got that information as well, I'd appreciate it. So here's where I'm at. I took some pictures to show my dilemma.
Here's a picture of my motor how I received it:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5065/5658988974_821d765e3c.jpg

I need to know what the connectors in RED go to (yes, I know one is a light, what light?) I figured out after I stepped away from the mess for a second, that the gray wire is for the ABS sensor on the front LEFT tire on a Skyline, so I'm going to evaluate the harness and see if I need to move it to read the front RIGHT of the 240sx
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5102/5658415311_4f3e0866f6.jpg

Here's a close up of that bundle of wires, I know that they go right around the MAF:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5109/5658415591_852b85eeb6.jpg

I also need to know about the other half of the wires, the connectors on the right are under the dash, and the connectors at the top are in the engine bay, and most of the wires are contained in that bundle:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5658415973_69cf93f90f.jpg

here's a close up of those connectors:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/5658990000_e2f0a9c3c2.jpg

I researched Yahoo Auctions Japan and found those two grey connectors go into this box, but one auction says they are an Auto Mission Computer and one says that it's an ABS Computer, it's under the dash:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5309/5658992492_2b63173074.jpg

:trogdor:

Sileighty_85
04-26-2011, 06:15 PM
fuck man you choose the wrong model if you though it was gonna be cheap.

Send me the P/N on the CAS and I can TRY to pinpoint a year and trim model for your engine (After I get off work) although chances will be slim.
If you had that ECU P/N i could pinpoint it exactly.

If you find anymore P/N let me know. (maybe somthing on the Wiring harness near the ECU plug?)

If you need info or tips for install I have a big build thread on here for the S14 (S13 will be almost exact anyway)

dont ask me on wireing of that beast though, I will refer you to this guy though, www.wiringspecialties.com (http://www.wiringspecialties.com)

I myself are an electrical engineer ina sense but I still have him do my wiring since I dont trust half the electrical info on the internet. His products are awsome, never had an issue with his work at all.

there are some other guys on here as well such as Jeff Jordan, that can do harnesses as well

s14owner95
04-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah I just read through your entire build thread (great stuff).. I know, not only did I pick the expensive version, then I had to be special and get an R34.. I kinda feel like that kid who wanted the S15 when the previous versions were just as good.. (but the R34 was the same price, and I was hoping for less miles..

I've been in contact with Yuri via email, but I'd really hate to bother him with questions when I'm trying my best NOT to send it out and pay 400$ for him to build it, seems a little unfair to ask for advice for something that you would normally pay for the service..

As far as part numbers go, I can send you an email I sent to JWT, but they haven't responded..

s14owner95
04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
JWT just emailed me back and said that my engine is from an Y33, but when I referenced that in Yahoo Auctions Japan/Upgarage/Wiki it doesn't show the Y33 ever having an RB25, only the Y34. However, I did happen to stumble upon an auction for a WC34/R34 RB25DET ECU.. it doesn't mention NEO in it at all, and JWT suggested that a WC34 might have been another chassis.. did everything just get worse for me?

s14owner95
04-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Of course, I forgot to mention that JWT also suggested my engine might be from a C35 laurel..

Also, I spoke to the guys at NIStune and they told me that if the ecu/connector is Gray then it is made by Hitachi (it also says Hitachi on the ECU's) and the blue is a JECS style (normal information I'm sure) but they were telling me that if you get an R34/C34/C35 engine like mine, but it's a non-NEO version, you can get an NEO Version ECU and use a NIStune on that, since they don't support the non-NEO version ECU.

I also made some progress on the wiring harness pics. The two gray and 1 white connector that are attached to a group of grounds and go to the engine bay are for the ABS system, so I removed that part. The blue connector goes to the "Turbo Pressure sensor" and the three wire gray connector goes to the "heated Oxygen Sensor" (I'm dumb for this one, since I pluged it in one.

But that one last big black connector, it's 8 pins. I traced all the wires, and it goes to various places:

Line Pressure Solenoid (A/T Only)
Line Pressure Dropping Resistor (A/T Only)
Control Unit Power Supply (Counter-Electromotive Current)
Control Unit Power Supply
The purple connector on the IACV
Air Conditioner

Do you guys know if these are input signals to the ECU? I obviously don't have the other end of that connector, and I can't seem to find the diagram in the FSM. (I should really just make a thread of my failure)

Chrisbarlow891
05-05-2011, 07:27 PM
just finished my rb swap in the s13, i dont have pwr steering which sucks lol, how much for the set up? and what all does it include

s14owner95
05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
check out ChaseBays.. they make a SICK kit for $239. You can add a cooler for $100 so that's $339, it comes with a new resevoir and all stainless lines.. or you can just buy an ISIS(or anyone that makes one) stainless line for like $99 and put in a DOHC system

hybrid_eg
05-06-2011, 02:19 PM
need some info on trans rebuild.. rb25 series 2 trans.. has notchy 2nd and 5th.. running redline syncro mesh and solved the problem, car is going to have double the power in next couple of weeks so I dont feel like pulling the trans off later.. I know I need syncros replaced however does anyone know what part #'s or comparable model it will work from? Z32? anyone in socal rebuilt one? who did they take it to?

s14owner95
05-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Does anyone have an R34/C34/Y33 RB25? It's exactly like a series 2 R33 motor, but the CAS is different, it looks exactly like the SR20.

If you have one, does anyone have the ECU code for it? I'm expecting my ECU any day now and I want to make sure it's going to be right. I've been searching Yahoo Auctions and they only seem to be selling A/T and RB25DE.. NEO6 motors are fine too, I can work with that

rmrunner
05-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I know this is a zilvia site but i cant seem to find my answer anywhere else.

I have a 1986 c32 nissan laurel. Recently i installed a RB25DE series II engine and transmission. My entire cluster isnt working. Can anyone help me out. I was told by a friend that my tachometer is a single coil and needs a tach adapter. But my fuel gauge isnt working( changed fuel pump to a walbro high pressure) along with my speedometer and my temp gauge.

Although all my lights on the dash are working.

Please help....Thanks

s14owner95
05-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you didn't hook up all the dash plugs.. if they worked before the swap.

lg54
05-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Hey guys i need help here.

i am wondering if the rb25 top feed fuel rail (used on greddy plenum) will fit the rb20.

they are both top feed. also, will it work using rb20 injectors.

please need some help here.

thanks

SLEEPYDUB
05-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Anyway this FAQ could have all the FAQs on the first page, rather than sorting through 26 pages of nonsense and arguing? Just a thought

MADE
06-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Does anyone have an R34/C34/Y33 RB25? It's exactly like a series 2 R33 motor, but the CAS is different, it looks exactly like the SR20.

If you have one, does anyone have the ECU code for it? I'm expecting my ECU any day now and I want to make sure it's going to be right. I've been searching Yahoo Auctions and they only seem to be selling A/T and RB25DE.. NEO6 motors are fine too, I can work with that

I have seen YAJ mention Y33 having RB's but not sure if they were swapped or not. The numbers on my Zenki RB25DET NEO ECU say 06 (23710 AA502) The C35 Laurel R34 Skyline and 34 model Stagea all use the RB25 NEO engine. I have not seen a Non NEO anything in an R34 chassis. My guess would be its from a C34 Laurel.

RB25240
06-10-2011, 01:01 PM
After reading the first page, with all the fighting I stopped, Anyways I've used the stock KA mounts and Drive shaft on my RB20 SWAP and that worked for a while, I did end up using a swap kit.

MattRose
06-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Where can I get rb25det fmic piping? It's going on a mishimoto fmic with the inlets and outlets at opposite ends.

d0pe240
06-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Im looking to buy an clutch for my rb25, how do I know if I have an rb25 or rb20 tranny? Or are the clutches the same for these two trannys?

Sileighty_85
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Im looking to buy an clutch for my rb25, how do I know if I have an rb25 or rb20 tranny? Or are the clutches the same for these two trannys?

If your tranny looks like this you got a RB25 Transmission,
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/Miyukis%20Silvia/DSCN3459.jpg

the NA 300ZX uses the same clutch

d0pe240
06-14-2011, 01:22 PM
does the rb20 use the same clutch as the na 300zx and rb25? thanks for your help!

GSXRJJordan
06-14-2011, 04:40 PM
does the rb20 use the same clutch as the na 300zx and rb25? thanks for your help!

The internet says they're interchangeable, except for the Neo motors which use a push-type (rather than pull-type).

godzilla_753
06-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Of course, I forgot to mention that JWT also suggested my engine might be from a C35 laurel..

Also, I spoke to the guys at NIStune and they told me that if the ecu/connector is Gray then it is made by Hitachi (it also says Hitachi on the ECU's) and the blue is a JECS style (normal information I'm sure) but they were telling me that if you get an R34/C34/C35 engine like mine, but it's a non-NEO version, you can get an NEO Version ECU and use a NIStune on that, since they don't support the non-NEO version ECU.

I also made some progress on the wiring harness pics. The two gray and 1 white connector that are attached to a group of grounds and go to the engine bay are for the ABS system, so I removed that part. The blue connector goes to the "Turbo Pressure sensor" and the three wire gray connector goes to the "heated Oxygen Sensor" (I'm dumb for this one, since I pluged it in one.

But that one last big black connector, it's 8 pins. I traced all the wires, and it goes to various places:

Line Pressure Solenoid (A/T Only)
Line Pressure Dropping Resistor (A/T Only)
Control Unit Power Supply (Counter-Electromotive Current)
Control Unit Power Supply
The purple connector on the IACV
Air Conditioner

Do you guys know if these are input signals to the ECU? I obviously don't have the other end of that connector, and I can't seem to find the diagram in the FSM. (I should really just make a thread of my failure)

I didnt read through everything you posted but I do have a running NEO swap. Mine came out of a C34 Stagea RS4. I had similiar problems with identifying my ECU and such. Ill tell you right now, skylinesaustralia is gonna be your best bet. I found threads on there for all ECU serials and thats how I ID'd my own. PM me i guess if you need more help, or get in touch through email which is easier for me [email protected] Ill try to help you as best I can. I did all the wiring myself on my swap and learned alot. Its not as hard as you think it is, I would def pull off the engine wiring schematic off of the FSM and start from there. Ive been meaning to put up a how to on the wiring but Ive just been super busy with school.

SoCalDrifter
06-26-2011, 08:33 AM
1. what is the best turbo manifold for a rb20(i know that you can use rb25 turbo manifolds also) top mount or bottom doesnt matter to me but im using a rb25 turbo on my rb20..

2. also my rb has this weird problem when i try to do a full u-turn to the left the engine bogs and i cant really turn that fast when its fully locked anyone have any ideas what that is?

thanks for the help

eklips3
06-26-2011, 12:46 PM
1. what is the best turbo manifold for a rb20(i know that you can use rb25 turbo manifolds also) top mount or bottom doesnt matter to me but im using a rb25 turbo on my rb20..

2. also my rb has this weird problem when i try to do a full u-turn to the left the engine bogs and i cant really turn that fast when its fully locked anyone have any ideas what that is?

thanks for the help

1. stock manifold works fine, rb20 and rb25 exhaust manifolds are the same. aftermarket manifolds are a little expensive for just running a rb25 turbo.
as for top mount manifolds, Full race .. but be ready to dish out a couple thousand dollars but you wont run a rb25 turbo as a top mount .. atleast i hope you wont.

2. i have the same problem , when i turn the wheel when im stopped at idle the revs drop a bit , but it dosnt necessarily bog. i guess the power steering pump takes alot out of the motor.

SoCalDrifter
06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
1. stock manifold works fine, rb20 and rb25 exhaust manifolds are the same. aftermarket manifolds are a little expensive for just running a rb25 turbo.
as for top mount manifolds, Full race .. but be ready to dish out a couple thousand dollars but you wont run a rb25 turbo as a top mount .. atleast i hope you wont.

2. i have the same problem , when i turn the wheel when im stopped at idle the revs drop a bit , but it dosnt necessarily bog. i guess the power steering pump takes alot out of the motor.

thanks im not really looking to keep the rb25 turbo just looking to see what i can do when it comes time and for #2 i dont really know what it is it only does it when it turns left not right and ya it does that to when i full lock left i can hear the rpms drop as if someone turned the AC on in a KA and if it was the power steering pump wouldnt it do the same to the other side? Anyone have any ideas what we should look for

SoCalDrifter
07-02-2011, 12:07 PM
anyone have any kind of idea?

lrb99
07-15-2011, 11:47 PM
can anyone send me a link for a RB20det FSM manual thanks

GSXRJJordan
07-16-2011, 04:34 PM
can anyone send me a link for a RB20det FSM manual thanks

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/rb/R32_All_Engine_Manual.pdf

omgRWDgoodness!
07-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I was going to start a new thread for all this but instead I'll just post it in here. I have a few questions regarding my RB25 into S14 wiring and some other misc things. Here goes:

I was looking at my RB's upper engine harness and compared it to the pics of Sileighty_85's finished one in his Project RB thread and noticed that his did not have some of the connectors that mine does. In this first picture, I have an extra of what I call the "mini-F3" (circled in white) plug along with the usual relay, F3 and of course the ECU. What is this plug and is it necessary or can I just cut it off and tape it up?
http://i52.tinypic.com/11252s4.jpg

Next, I need help identifying these plugs and whether or not they are necessary. Circled in white are the main culprits in question, the one in yellow is already plugged in to something so I'm guessing it's necessary and just wanted to know what it is for reference. Notice the completely (and cleanly) cut section of harness near the black box. :tweak:
http://i53.tinypic.com/332t3yd.jpg

Here is a better shot of the black box piece and the cut section. The black box says "Jideco Japan" on it and when you shake it, you can hear something rattling around inside.
http://i56.tinypic.com/o8tpu9.jpg

This is the last one wiring-wise. White plug protruding just above the rubber firewall grommet. "Mini F3" makes another appearance. :p Yes, my F3 plug looks like a mess because I am still in the process of re-pinning it. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the little pins on the end of the wires separately? I'd really rather finish it cleanly by re-pinning rather than cutting & soldering just a few wires, especially with the (albeit rather minor) difference in gauge of the wires. Most are already re-pinned with the exception of about 6-7.
http://i53.tinypic.com/e8prf7.jpg

This is the stock wastegate actuator on my stock turbo. Obviously the nipple has been clipped and the line isn't there. I read and was told that it should go to another nipple on both the cold and hot pipes, which one is it? There is also another nipple with some cut line still on it just to the left of that. What about that? I will eventually be buying the RB25 HKS adjustable actuator (or the S14/15 SR one if it's compatible, anyone know?) but for now just going to hose clamp a small line onto there to make it work.
http://i54.tinypic.com/2elv9zs.jpg

Lastly, here is the back of my intake manifold. I believe the large taped-off line goes into the vacuum line along the firewall, but I'm not 100% on that. How about the tiny line just to the right of it? I honestly haven't a clue where that should go.
http://i54.tinypic.com/2mzcw2r.jpg

Thanks in advance to all who contribute.

zerodameaon
07-17-2011, 11:07 AM
where that should go.
http://i54.tinypic.com/2mzcw2r.jpg

Thanks in advance to all who contribute.

That line thats taped up goes to the brake booster iirc.

SoCalDrifter
07-17-2011, 04:35 PM
anyone know what could be wrong with my rb i just put a new exausht on it and now it smokes when i start to slow down alittle bit at first i thought it was just burning the new exausht but now its still there any idea what it could be? the smoke is white and its only when im coming to a stop

Sileighty_85
07-17-2011, 08:27 PM
This might help a little
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/Miyukis%20Silvia/RB25Harness.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/FAST/332t3yd.jpg

No Idea on that Little F3 Looking plug must have been some special option on that R33

omgRWDgoodness!
07-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Okay, so far Mini-F3 can be taped off to the side and is not used. The amp itself is not needed, only the plug which looks like should fit into my stock amp. I seem to be missing the wiper motor plug, which is probably what those two little cut wires to the extreme right of that picture near the amp are that I also forgot to mention (green and black wire).

Any idea what the rest of that cut section after the wiper amp could be? Should I be concerned or do I not need any of it? The white plug right after the firewall grommet is not present in your harness either, so that can also be taped off and not used I presume.

Another thing I didn't mention was while re-pinning my F3 plug, one of the wires that must be moved is in terminal #4 and should be solid red in color (wire is for "ignition relay power") was absent from my plug. Where it should have been was just an empty terminal. Is it possible that this wire may be another color or in another terminal? Or perhaps somehow got cut/lost from my plug? Although I find the latter unlikely since all 22 of the other wires which must be re-pinned were there, seated in their correct terminals. An interesting thing to note is I did find a solid red wire after unlooming a little bit of the cut section of the harness, but it looked much too big of gauge to have originated from the F3. :confused: After close inspection, I did not find any solid red wires originating from the ECU plug either.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2wqr3ut.jpg

And of course there's still the issue of the actuator and small intake manifold lines :-/ What exactly is the purpose of the "test point", out of curiosity?

omgRWDgoodness!
07-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I've been trying to find a pinout for a Stagea motor, figuring perhaps that being the reason why I have the extra mini-F3 plug and the missing red ignition relay power wire, and apparently they're hard as hell to find. Anyway, I took this off the R33 FSM in the hopes that someone can understand it better than me and give clues on what I should look for.

http://i55.tinypic.com/dndhee.jpg

Also thinking that since my wiper motor plug is missing I can cut off my KA's and solder it onto the RB's, even though the KA's looks to have 2 extra wires besides a green and a black one.

Still haven't the foggiest on the cut section of wire, which is also confusing me seeing as Sileighty_85's wiper amp and wiper motor plug are junctioned off separately from the harness as opposed to leading off the cut section on my own.

I've been digesting this ECU pinout in the hopes of finding the whereabouts of that damned ignition relay power wire (to no avail of course):
http://www.s-chassis.com/resources/wiki/images/4/47/ECURB25DET2.jpg

eklips3
07-22-2011, 04:04 AM
Whats a safe boost level for a Rb20 with a to4e turbo ? turbo specs are .63ar exhaust side and .50ar compressor side.

boost is at 15psi , stock injectors.

im worried about the duty cycle on the injectors using the stock tune on the ecu.

millsaps
07-22-2011, 10:04 AM
i have searched and searched and need to know asap. does a ka24de starter work with an rb20det? mine died yesterday after i bought my car and need to have the car ready by monday.

eklips3
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
i have searched and searched and need to know asap. does a ka24de starter work with an rb20det? mine died yesterday after i bought my car and need to have the car ready by monday.

^^^ does not work

TOVI
08-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Hey guys, im installing tomei Type A valve springs on my rb25det. Just wondering if you can still use the stock cams when you use the valve springs or do i need to upgrade the cams?

Also when installing the valve springs do i need to shim the valve springs? thanks

Pandapants
08-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Question about differences between rb25 and rb20 fuel rails:

I have an rb20, and it has what looks like an rb25 fuel rail. It has some kind of regulator by the #6 fuel injector, what exactly is it? The line it's connected to is a positive pressure line, same air the iacv and air regulator units receive.

Pictures for reverences:

rb25 rail

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/kagabe24det/Rb%20swap%20info/rb25fuelrail.jpg

rb20 rail

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/kagabe24det/Rb%20swap%20info/rb20fuelrail.jpg

R.I.P.S NZ
08-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I havn't been on here for ages but thought I'd say Hi.

R.I.P.S NZ
08-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Just trying to sort out how to add some pictures to show you..........

josephin510
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I havn't been on here for ages but thought I'd say Hi.[/QUOTE
[QUOTE=R.I.P.S NZ;4202641]Just trying to sort out how to add some pictures to show you..........

I need a Rb30.. Sponsor yes?

redline racer510
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
NOpe ,no sponsors for you.
BTW let me borrow that spare rb25 block you have.

twinspool
08-19-2011, 10:14 AM
anyone have any kind of idea?

Should make your own manifold, would be cheaper.

eklips3
08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Question about differences between rb25 and rb20 fuel rails:

I have an rb20, and it has what looks like an rb25 fuel rail. It has some kind of regulator by the #6 fuel injector, what exactly is it? The line it's connected to is a positive pressure line, same air the iacv and air regulator units receive.

Pictures for reverences:

rb25 rail

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/kagabe24det/Rb%20swap%20info/rb25fuelrail.jpg

rb20 rail

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125/kagabe24det/Rb%20swap%20info/rb20fuelrail.jpg

there is no way it can be a rb25 rail because rb25 uses side feed injectors and rb20 uses top feed. you cant use a rb25 rail on a rb20.
rb20 fuel rails on the other hand there are two types, one with the fuel dampener and one without. all the dampener does is it makes the fuel flow in the fuel rail more consistent.

Pandapants
08-21-2011, 02:57 PM
there is no way it can be a rb25 rail because rb25 uses side feed injectors and rb20 uses top feed.

God I cant believe I forgot about that. :doh:

P-Funk alot
08-24-2011, 12:50 AM
is there a a/c compressor that will fit on the rb25. does anyone know if there is a detailed harness write up on series 1 rb into s13 i have one that works but it looks like shit and im almost 100 percent sure that there is alot of shit missing

Coolwhip
08-24-2011, 10:04 AM

thanks for the help

There is a sensor on your high pressure line for the power steering that bumps up idle (think of the fast idle control valve on the AAC that kicks up idle when the A/C compressor engages)

It sends a signal to the FIC to raise the idle when higher pressure is sensed on the line.... since more load is on the engine at full lock.

Hope that helps

fliprayzin240sx
09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
So I'm planning on buying parts to start freshening up the RB25 I got. So question is I'm planning on replacing the timing belt, waterpump, oil pump, ARP headstuds and HG. Question now is that is it worth upgrading these or OEM good enough? I'm not planning on going crazy with this engine, just shooting for a reliable 400hp or so, if my turbo would even push it that much.

GSXRJJordan
09-06-2011, 12:30 AM
So I'm planning on buying parts to start freshening up the RB25 I got. So question is I'm planning on replacing the timing belt, waterpump, oil pump, ARP headstuds and HG. Question now is that is it worth upgrading these or OEM good enough? I'm not planning on going crazy with this engine, just shooting for a reliable 400hp or so, if my turbo would even push it that much.

I would definitely go aftermarket head gasket (I love Power Enterprise) and timing belt (also Power Enterprise, but any of the good "JDM" belts are better than stock), OEM RB26 N1 water pump, OEM RB25 oil pump. ARP head studs are a good idea too, and not that much more expensive than Nissan bolts.

rob22
09-06-2011, 12:35 AM
what mods would you need to get an rb20 to around 250hp?

GSXRJJordan
09-06-2011, 02:33 AM
what mods would you need to get an rb20 to around 250hp?

RB25 turbo, aftermarket elbow/dp/exhaust, Fmic, and a boost controller. Very typical RB20 setup.

rob22
09-06-2011, 02:57 AM
RB25 turbo, aftermarket elbow/dp/exhaust, Fmic, and a boost controller. Very typical RB20 setup.

what size injectors would you recommend? 550's?
possibly going to purchase an rb20 off another member soon.
it has:
rb25 t28
3 inch elbow
cx racing manifold
cx racing fmic
apexi intake
rebuilt head

pretty much your basic bolt on system

GSXRJJordan
09-06-2011, 03:31 AM
I'd recommend keeping the stock ECU/MAF/injectors and maxing them out, I'm guessing 250whp is about where that'll happen. Once you change injectors, you'll need engine management, and then you're much better off finding a RB25.

eklips3
09-13-2011, 10:57 PM
I would definitely go aftermarket head gasket (I love Power Enterprise) and timing belt (also Power Enterprise, but any of the good "JDM" belts are better than stock), OEM RB26 N1 water pump, OEM RB25 oil pump. ARP head studs are a good idea too, and not that much more expensive than Nissan bolts.

dont worry about upgrading the oil pump. just get a new oil pump thats not n1.

the problem with the n1 pump is that it sends too much oil to the head. so you would have to install an oil restrictor.

GSXRJJordan
09-14-2011, 02:05 AM
dont worry about upgrading the oil pump. just get a new oil pump thats not n1.

the problem with the n1 pump is that it sends too much oil to the head. so you would have to install an oil restrictor.

... that's different than what I said... how?

eklips3
09-17-2011, 04:07 AM
... that's different than what I said... how?

i dont think you mentioned anything about the second line ...

and i was recommending a basic oem replacment rather then an N1 unit.

singlecamslam
10-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Ok went through all 28 pages. Is there an interchangeable coolant temp sensor for the rb25 s2? Not the one that feeds the gauge, the 2 wire one.

eklips3
10-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok went through all 28 pages. Is there an interchangeable coolant temp sensor for the rb25 s2? Not the one that feeds the gauge, the 2 wire one.

no dude, you have to get one thats legit.

bardabe
10-15-2011, 10:43 PM
ok went through all 28 pages. Is there an interchangeable coolant temp sensor for the rb25 s2? Not the one that feeds the gauge, the 2 wire one.

1997/1998 240sx

bambam69
12-08-2011, 09:05 AM
What's up guys I have a 90 240sx coupe wit the Silvia front end rb20 turbo stock ...It was raining and i hit a curb crushed my intercooler and bumper ....now i went on ebay and found a stock intercooler but the bottom has a small angle to the bottom and is 2.5 inch as to were my tubing is all 3 inch ....so my question is if I buy the kit and i change all the tubing will that be ok ??? I'll put pics up so u can see what im talking about ...well idk how to put pics up :(

CantSTOP
01-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I've done a lot of reading but not exactly sure. What parts can I keep on my engine bay?(89 auto sohc) When doing the rb20 swap. I removed some of the parts on the driver side and unplugged most of the harness on that side too.

I have the aftermarket radiator, electric fans, rb tranny, mckinney mounts.

redline racer510
01-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Finally started up my rb25det s14 after a year and its running really bad (like it has aggressive cams)and it wont rev past 1800 rpm. Checked fuel and timing and also sprakplugs are brand new ngk BKR5EIX-11". any recommendations????

Sileighty_85
01-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Not sure if its your issue but those plugs are too Hot. You need some Heat Rang of 7's gapped to .028-.030

If it sounds like you have cams then your Mechanical Timing is off or you have dead injectors

redline racer510
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Found out that only injectors for cylinder 5 and 6 are spraying, what steps should I take to figure out this problem

Sileighty_85
01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Wiring. Or the Injectors are dead. you can pull them out and look at the condition of them or OHM them out PER FSM

redline racer510
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Going to get a friends complete injector/fuel rail assembly, going to swap it out and see what happens will update tomorrow. Thanks sileighty.

redline racer510
01-10-2012, 06:46 PM
This might sound like a horrible question but wouldn't the engine still be able to rev higher than 1800rpm even though the engine is running on 2 cylinders?

Sileighty_85
01-10-2012, 07:10 PM
doubt it, im surprised its runs at all

redline racer510
01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I just want to be sure i have my fuel lines routed correctly. Line from fuel filter goes to hardline, hardline goes to FPR

tinys s14
01-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Ok got my NEO running and had a Maf issue and got that resolved now the car revs clean all the way to redline and on it's way down the rpms drop to 0 and then some times it cuts off or catches it's self and fluctuates a little. My guess is a boost leak? Any other thoughts

smoked240
01-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Ok got my NEO running and had a Maf issue and got that resolved now the car revs clean all the way to redline and on it's way down the rpms drop to 0 and then some times it cuts off or catches it's self and fluctuates a little. My guess is a boost leak? Any other thoughts

Yeah thats more then likely a boost leak. Is your bov recirculated? I had mine atmospheric and mine did exactly that.

tinys s14
01-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah thats more then likely a boost leak. Is your bov recirculated? I had mine atmospheric and mine did exactly that.

it is atmospheric ill recirculat in and see what happens. its a tial btw it also has an upgraded spring when it was on my sr20

redline racer510
01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Found out that I had 4 dead injectors replaced them with another set starts up and idles fine , now for the fun task of setting ign timing and tps voltage and adjusting the iacv.

redline racer510
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Car idles at 1800-2k rpm when i give it gas it starts breaking up immediately like it wants to cut off but as soon as I let off the gas it maintains the high idle. I also noticed that when i turn the IACV screw to lower the idle it drops down 2-300 rpm's and then goes back to maintaining the high idle. CAnt rev past 3500rpm.
S1 rb25
cx racing fmic/bov
freddy IM
walbro FP
everything else stock
Got some bcpr6es that I am going to gap and install tomorrow.
This thing is pissing me off, need to get this thing out of the shop by the end of this week.

Sileighty_85
01-16-2012, 08:32 PM
MAF and Vac Leaks

redline racer510
01-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Going to clean Maf, how do I check if if my vac. ports on my intake are leaking? Going to be making a boost leak tester tomorrow as-well. Thanks man.

tinys s14
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Can I make an adapter plate for my NEO tps to bolt up to a q45 throttle body ?

redline racer510
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
What a day. After I finished cleaning my MAF I decided to hook up a smoke machine to my rb25 and lo and behold I found a bunch of vacuum leaks from a pinhole on the IACV charge-pipe bung on the intercooler piping to a vacuum port under the throttle body, to the bov gasket leaking like a mofo. Fixed all of the leaks with the exception of the the leak on the bov gasket, going to cut off bov flange and run a bosch recirculation valve to minimize any surging idle. Have yet to install the bkr6es spark-plugs which appear to be gapped to 0.028 from ngk(need to double check). Hopefully can get this thing driving by friday, need to trim bumper /support(s14). Does anyone know if the zenki bumper support is the the same as the kouki bumper support? If so all I have to do is get the kouki bumper mounting bracket that the bumper bolts to from the top just under the headlights. Sorry for making you guys read all of this lol.

redline racer510
01-24-2012, 09:10 PM
This rb faq is dead $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTT

GSXRJJordan
01-25-2012, 12:33 AM
What does the zenki vs. kouki core support question (they're different btw) have to do with RB's?

Yes, boost leaks need to be fixed. Again, not RB-specific lol.

redline racer510
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Got all my vacuum leaks resolved. Turns out i had replaced injectors that were bad with injectors of a different flow rate, installed another rb25 fuel rail and idles and revs fine. The only problem I have now is that the car wont rev past 4000 rpm. Thinking it is the maf I unplug it and it does the exact same thing which also leads me to believe that my tach needs to be calibrated((unluged maf only supposed to rev to 2500rpm). Another thing that lead me to believe that my maf is the culprit is the dtc 12 code that I pulled from the ecu.I checked in the fsm but it only shows you how to check the plug and circuits for the maf.

How do I test the MAF itself and how can I get the tach to read correctly?

redline racer510
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Here is a short vid sorry about the crappy phone camera and stupid camera angle.

http://youtu.be/gAg4EQnCVOM

Sileighty_85
01-28-2012, 09:38 PM
MAFS must be bad then.

redline racer510
01-31-2012, 06:44 PM
How do I test Maf

Sileighty_85
01-31-2012, 07:33 PM
either pulling codes from the ECU or doing voltage checks at the MAFS per FSM

redline racer510
01-31-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm getting code 12 but my fsm is missing the part on testing the maf it only shows how to test the wiring circuit all the way to the ecu. I really dont want to buy a maf if I don't have to.

Sileighty_85
02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/Miyukis%20Silvia/NissanMAFS.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/Miyukis%20Silvia/rb25det-engine-diagram.jpg

redline racer510
02-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I appreciate your help sileighty, thats a really good diagram. Turns out the MAF was bad got another one and replaced it and it runs alot better and revs like normal. I appreciate everyones help and will keep you guys posted.

tinys s14
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Ok my check engine light is on in my rb s14. Can't find the codes anyone knows them lmk.. The codes are 26, 44, and 46

redline racer510
02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Go to google, type in rb25 engine codes(or dtc codes) and you should get a list that if you want, can print it out and keep it handy if you ever need it again. If you dont find it let me know.

tinys s14
02-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Go to google, type in rb25 engine codes(or dtc codes) and you should get a list that if you want, can print it out and keep it handy if you ever need it again. If you dont find it let me know.

Thanks but I got it... Throttle motor sensor circuit is tps voltage is off right?

solle
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM
RB20DET in my s14 starts fine. but will die anytime at idle. new ecu. suspect MAF. any inputs?

GSXRJJordan
02-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks but I got it... Throttle motor sensor circuit is tps voltage is off right?

That means there's a 'break' or short in the TPS sensor wire, or the TPS +5V or Sensor Ground wires have breaks/shorts (less likely). Typically you get a harness that someone has tapped into TPS signal on for an SAFC or whatever, and needs to be resoldered.

RB20DET in my s14 starts fine. but will die anytime at idle. new ecu. suspect MAF. any inputs?

Either your AICV (idle control solenoid) is not plugged in, not functional, or you have a massive vacuum leak. Easy way to check to see if it's the MAF is to unplug it, the engine should idle great with no MAF, just won't rev past 3k.

driftur
03-03-2012, 09:47 PM
if i unplug the iacv or aac valve and nothing changes, could this mean its bad? also when i unplug maf, or tps ill get a trouble code but no code when i pull the iacv plug. the problem im having is hard to start and get to idle, after awhile of starting it will idle if i keep feathering the throttle. once fully warmed it will idle around 1200 rpm. now i'll try to drive and it will stumble then pick up and start to boost around 2700. I could be on wot and it will sound like its boosting or atleast wanting to boost but feels like somethings holding it back. as soon as i lift of the throttle to brake,it completley cuts out and dies. i have a stock ecu, turbo and injectors, walbro 255, fpr set at aound 40, freddy manifold stock tb. and open air bov. vacuum tested and passed, spark plugs and wires tested and passed. maf tested and passed. i cleaned the iacv, it was grimmey and spring would get stuck open. after cleaning and spring return still no change and the wires are getting voltage. dont think its the bov venting cause it doesnt even get a chance to vent before i'll die out.

ch1873857
03-03-2012, 09:59 PM
not sure if this will help many people but for those that want to run top feed injectors on your rb25 greddy or greddy style manifold you will need these o rings.

Denso Cushion (http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/index.php/en/products/details/341/362/injector-dynamics/fuel-injector-accessories/denso-cushion.html)

i bought 3 set of o rings that i read on forums that worked including GTR/RB20 , A32 Maxima, and Honda civic. Then a buddy of mine got injector dynamics for his SR with GTiR throttles and these are the o rings they sent them. I borrowed one and sure enough IT WORKED. at $1.50 a piece not bad!

Marino.
03-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, Im gonna be doing an rb26 swap pretty soon and i was wondering about some stuff. Ran a search and I couldnt really find anything.

1) How can i tell the rb26s apart, aka I wanna pick one out at the engine store that doesnt have the shitty crank-oil pump problems

2) Are there different ecus for different years, or are they all the same?

3) Anyone wanna shed some light on the wiring, i know i will be able to figure it out with the service manuals, but if anyone wants to give some input id really appreciate it. Are the rb25 and rb26 harness similar?

singlecamslam
03-05-2012, 12:56 AM
i need 2 cam shaft seals for the rb25 (int,exh), is there a car compatible with those part numbers? RawBrokerage wants $12 for each, seems way too high for a simple seal.

Do you have to take the cam out or loosen it? Or can the seal be replaced like a main seal?

GSXRJJordan
03-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Hey guys, Im gonna be doing an rb26 swap pretty soon and i was wondering about some stuff. Ran a search and I couldnt really find anything.

1) How can i tell the rb26s apart, aka I wanna pick one out at the engine store that doesnt have the shitty crank-oil pump problems

You'd have to take the oil pump off, which is behind the pulley/front cover.

2) Are there different ecus for different years, or are they all the same?

Similar enough.

3) Anyone wanna shed some light on the wiring, i know i will be able to figure it out with the service manuals, but if anyone wants to give some input id really appreciate it. Are the rb25 and rb26 harness similar?

No the harnesses are not similar... all RB26's wire in fairly similarly though, it's just a matter of where the power plugs and dash plugs are (engine bay vs interior).

d0pe240
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Does an Power fc series 2 work on series 1 rb25 as well?

robert.huller
03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
So dumb question regarding a RB install into a Kouki. Do you need to use the ECU from the 240sx as well as the ECU from the Skyline in a daisy chain in order to run the setup or can you run a standalone system so you just run the 240sx ECU and the Standalone?

ch1873857
03-05-2012, 08:00 PM
So dumb question regarding a RB install into a Kouki. Do you need to use the ECU from the 240sx as well as the ECU from the Skyline in a daisy chain in order to run the setup or can you run a standalone system so you just run the 240sx ECU and the Standalone?

huhhh :hide:

1) you get rid of the 240sx computer completely as it is attached to the KA harness.

2) what do you mean by standalone. like aftermarket ecu i.e. power fc, haltech, aem?

3) use the RB harness with the RB ecu you get with it. remove KA ecu and harness entirely.

robert.huller
03-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Haha. Got it. Its ok I feel dumb. Its ok

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

naples-nissan
03-10-2012, 11:52 AM
okay so first off, this is my first car, first post, all of that. the long of the short is that i bought my 95 s14 and then i bought an rb20 for $1100. its basically a complete engine except for a few little details. one of which, is the metal plate-gasket that goes in between the engine and transmission to cover up the gaps. Idk what the name of it is, but i need the second, bottom half of it before i do anything else to my car. So if someone could tell me what it is called and where to buy one it'd be much apprecitiated. thanks

GSXRJJordan
03-10-2012, 02:57 PM
It's just a dust/dirt cover, stops crap from ending up around the clutch. Not totally necessary, but you can certainly order one. Call Ray at West Covina Nissan (parts) and tell him Jeff @ Jordan Innovations sent you over, should be cheap and possibly in stock. I know when I did my RB25 he had almost everything needed as far as seals/gaskets/etc in stock!

naples-nissan
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
thanks a bunch man, this is one of the last things i needed to resolve on my project

tinys s14
03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
is this thing a boost sensor? came off my rb25 neo OEM manifold and I got a engine code for boost sensor..if so were do the vacuum lines go much appreciated

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/tiny907/39a7b47e.jpg
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv65/tiny907/524f7ff8.jpg

ch1873857
03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
thanks a bunch man, this is one of the last things i needed to resolve on my project

they are on ebay for 20 bucks from jdm of miami. i ordered 2. i refuse to do a swap without one. its a quick way to rust out a flywheel. its completely exposed to any road debris or water.

my uncle who was a 16 year nissan master tech. said its used to shim the transmission which is necessary when it come to the distance between the to bearing and the pressure plate. without it. i know my to bearing would be compressing my pressure plate at all times on my os giken twin plate because the clearences are so tight.

my two sense.

naples-nissan
03-19-2012, 09:38 AM
could you do me a favor and send the link? i was about to pay 70 for one off raw brokerage later today

Marino.
03-22-2012, 10:22 AM
I have an r32 rb26, of corse with the typical rb oiling problems. Im gonna put in a brand new n1 crank, and new oil pump, and possibly new bearings on everything.

My question is that if i put in a new n1 crank, and new factory sized bearings, do i have to worry about needing oversize bearings or any excessive tolerances? Do i need to spend extra time measuring every single thing, if im just reasembling with factory parts and sizes?

Reason i ask is because i didnt order everything yet, and if using factory sized bearings will save on downtime i will gladly do it.

ch1873857
03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
why wouldn't you just get the collar replaced....

singlecamslam
03-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Can anyone tell me what speed sensor i need to run on a rb25 tranny with a s13 KPH cluster? Right now its reading way too slow i think i have the stock sensor in there right now.

GSXRJJordan
03-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Good question, doesn't the S13 KPH sender fit? Easy answer would be, buy a Dakota Digital speedo conversion box ($90) and do it that way.

singlecamslam
04-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure if it does, how about for MPH cluster to work, i need the z32 sensor if i'm not mistaken?

Also, i know this has been covered infact i remember reading about it not too long ago and book marking but my computer broke. The rb25 s2 doesnt have led's on the ecu, so how do you check engine codes? I think you jump some ports and ecu flashes. I also remember seeing a thread on how to wire in a diagnostic port into the rb from any nissan over year 95, i'm interested in this, is there a DIY link? Thanks.

naples-nissan
04-11-2012, 06:11 PM
so, i finally got around to ordering my motor mount conversion kit from Zerolift Auto lab, and now that i'm prepping my rb20det to go in for the last time i need to replace my timing belt just as a precaution. Along with the timing belt i dont have any of my belts for anything else ( power steering, ac, water, etc) my question is where do i buy all of these? i know i've seen them all together online but i just cant remeber where. .

ben88
04-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Alright so this is a SR/RB question...Is the ignitor for the SR harness and the RB25 harness the same?

ch1873857
04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
if rb20 and 25 belts are the same then yes i have the part numbers you need.

one is a 4cyl the other is a 6. gonna say no.. to the ignitor question

smoked240
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Alright my rb25 has been acting up and it is annoying.

If I start it and drive it or rev it up it will cut out around 4800 rpm. Once it warms up to 70 degrees C. it will start running fine and work normal. I'm not sure if it's a maf sensor or something else. It just started doing it after I installed my Aem FPR and 255lph pump. Could it be my Tps? Those two sensors connected to my intake manifold were broken when I got the motor and I was told they weren't needed since they just adjust idle or something?
Thanks for the help!

redline racer510
04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Just finished breaking in the clutch put about 250 miles break in period. Wanted to get on it around a corner from a stop and it didn't do anything just revved and shot off(have an open diff). What is weird is that the clutch is supposed to grab like a mother but it seems like something is mechanically going wrong. It doesn't chirp 2nd and i am sure with the torque from an rb will at least be able to do that, can someone give me some advice?

future
04-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Learn to shift. Cause my old ka would chirp 3rd with my 205s lol

fliprayzin240sx
04-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Just finished breaking in the clutch put about 250 miles break in period. Wanted to get on it around a corner from a stop and it didn't do anything just revved and shot off (have an open diff). What is weird is that the clutch is supposed to grab like a mother but it seems like something is mechanically going wrong. It doesn't chirp 2nd and i am sure with the torque from an rb will at least be able to do that, can someone give me some advice?

There's your problem right there...

singlecamslam
04-24-2012, 12:47 AM
My car runs rich and i'm 99% sure its because of the walbro and stock fpr combination (rb25 all stock at 10psi). Car idles at about 1000 rpm, i'll be hooking up a fp gauge, is it supposed to be like 37psi with vacuum on and about 44 with vacuum off? Please correct me if i'm wrong. Thank you.

redline racer510
04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
it revs as if it is loosing traction but the tires aren't making any noise

singlecamslam
04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Is your rear main leaking?

naples-nissan
04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
what are the belt sizes used on an rb20det and where can i buy them? like ac, power steering, crank etc. .

Luvs2slide
04-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Whats w/ all these simple questions???

Doesn't anyone ever use google anymore or what?

Quick search on google showed up like 5 places that sell the belts each or as a set.

WTF

babowc
05-02-2012, 06:26 PM
How can I test whether a RB25 S1 PFC is bad or not? Besides hooking it up to a known good motor...

Purcell1
05-22-2012, 07:53 PM
what spark plugs do you guys recommend for the rb20det?

also, i need a new downpipe, its a 1990 s13 with an rb20. Will a regular rb20 downpipe work? Im talking about the downpipe that 90's and connects to your exhaust

Luvs2slide
05-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Purcell, you may be able to use a regular downpipe instead of an rb one. I think it mainly depends on your mount setup.

What kind of DP did you have before? Whatever it was, find another one b/c chances are that it will fit without any modification.

Purcell1
05-22-2012, 08:32 PM
i have mckinny mounts, i actually just bought the car. so i have no idea? i know its got an rb25 turbo, and looks like stock elbow off that. When you say a regular one, what do you mean. stock rb20 downpipe?

Purcell1
05-22-2012, 08:36 PM
im planning on just buying this, do you think it will fit?
NEW Downpipe 240sx RB20 RB20DET RB25 S13 S14 S15 | eBay (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Downpipe-240sx-RB20-RB20DET-RB25-S13-S14-S15-/250829398580?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6698e234#ht_2769wt_882)

naples-nissan
05-23-2012, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=Purcell1;4706571]i have mckinny mounts, i actually just bought the car. so i have no idea? i know its got an rb25 turbo, and looks like stock elbow off that. When you say a regular one, what do you mean. stock rb20 downpipe?[/QUOTE

my rb209 came out of an s13 with custom mounts, idk about the mckinney ones but as you can see the stock pipe needed a bit more than gentle persuasion to fit.

bombatape
05-23-2012, 05:41 PM
what is the max whp/ trq numbers you can get off of a stock Rb block?

basically want to know what the rb20s bottom end and trans is good upto.

i know the SR is ok till 360-400whp on stock bottom end , but what is a RB20 good to? probably not even worth it, but i want to know.

thanks guys

ch1873857
05-24-2012, 05:41 AM
what is the max whp/ trq numbers you can get off of a stock Rb block?

basically want to know what the rb20s bottom end and trans is good upto.

i know the SR is ok till 360-400whp on stock bottom end , but what is a RB20 good to? probably not even worth it, but i want to know.

thanks guys

theres no set number for this. no offense to you but i hate when this question comes up. its all about the tune.. seen people blow up 25 and 26 blocks at 600hp on pump gas and ive seen 850whp from stock blocks on ethanol and a good tune. so its hard to say. your gonna be able to push an rb20 further, safely, with a rb20 block vs an sr block. theres no science to that. think about it. iron is stronger than aluminum. 4cly vs 6cly. for example. you have a 400whp SR and a 400whp RB20. The same displacement but the RB has 2 more cylinders to distribute the power.

Thats how I look at it

Rb20 and sr20 trans are essentially the same. However there is a bolt on trans to fix that with the rb. not so much with the sr..

baube
05-24-2012, 07:34 AM
anyone know the bolt size (thread ans lenght) of the one that hold the ps pump? (the long one)

bombatape
05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
theres no set number for this. no offense to you but i hate when this question comes up. its all about the tune.. seen people blow up 25 and 26 blocks at 600hp on pump gas and ive seen 850whp from stock blocks on ethanol and a good tune. so its hard to say. your gonna be able to push an rb20 further, safely, with a rb20 block vs an sr block. theres no science to that. think about it. iron is stronger than aluminum. 4cly vs 6cly. for example. you have a 400whp SR and a 400whp RB20. The same displacement but the RB has 2 more cylinders to distribute the power.

Thats how I look at it

Rb20 and sr20 trans are essentially the same. However there is a bolt on trans to fix that with the rb. not so much with the sr..

thats exactly what i was thinking. same displacement but it has 2 more cylinders. it has to be essentially better. i figure the rb20 will like bigger turbo mods as well. but who the hell makes great after market for the RB20?

the RB is an iron block correct? i trust iron over aluminum anyday. Rb25 trans bolt right up to RB20's? that awesome if thats truth.

thanks for answering my noob question. i dont know anything about the RBs.

bombatape
06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
quick question: how do the RB20 stock MAF and the Z32 MAF comapre? i am eventually going to get bigger injectors, better FMIC, slightly bigger turbo and a tune. what MAF should i go with. im familiar with the SR20 MAF eventually having to be replaced with more power... i want to push atleast 300-330whp. i am currently running stock RB injectors, walbro 255, after market FMIC, STOCK RB25 turbo with RB25 manifold, all on 12psi and a road tune. basically want to know if eventually im going to need a Z32 MAF. Help and insight is appreciated!

mattigat17
06-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I am in need of major help, my coil pack on cylinder 1 keeps melting! I've replaced the plug, coil pack and bought a new wiring specialties coil pack harness and it still does it. Could it be the ignitor? Any ideas are appriciated. Thanks!

datsunnazi
06-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I am in need of major help, my coil pack on cylinder 1 keeps melting! I've replaced the plug, coil pack and bought a new wiring specialties coil pack harness and it still does it. Could it be the ignitor? Any ideas are appriciated. Thanks!

sounds like you have the 12v and the ground wires switched.

d0pe240
06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
what kind of hose can i use for the oil drain from the turbo to block?

GSXRJJordan
06-23-2012, 04:15 AM
what kind of hose can i use for the oil drain from the turbo to block?

Anything that'll take the heat and not get kinked. Not as bad with RB's as SR's or KA-T's, but ideally you'd use a piece of bent hose with heat wrap around it.

d0pe240
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Anything that'll take the heat and not get kinked. Not as bad with RB's as SR's or KA-T's, but ideally you'd use a piece of bent hose with heat wrap around it.

would heater hose be alright to use? i know that the turbo gets hot and want to make sure haha.

zneubauer
06-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Do you guys know where I can get help with wiring? Thanks!

drift freaq: I'm gonna need my A/C & P/S so help a brotha out! Let me know what you can do for me as far as parts! Thanks!

Wiring Specialties, Chase Bays possibly. :2f2f:

Superaison
07-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Just noticed this thread... damn. Just did a RB25DET Series 1 swap in my 1995 240SX SE.

My 2 cents on the swap(I did do lots.. lots and lots of research.. but I learned the most from actually doing the swap)

I got my motor from Zerolift with their swap package (engine, mounts, driveshaft).

But my biggest problem was I REALLY didn't want to use conversion angle crap brackets to hold my engine i just spent thousands on.

So I asked myself, why can't I use their trans mount with the R33 Crossmember that I picked up? Only way to find out is to try. So I did and Well, to sum it up.. NO you can't just BOLT IN the r33 xmember and expect everything to be sweet(Yes it will fit though after hammering firewall, but it needs adjusted) You MUST bring the engine back an inch (and down an inch). The shifter was about an inch forward and the zerolift bracket didn't line up on the trans.

What I did

Redrilled the engine mount holes on the crossmember one inch back towards the firewall.

The shifter was right in the middle, and the zerolift tranny mount bolted up perfectly, and as did the driveshaft. Steering shaft clearence sucks, but its not hitting, I have yet to drop my engine an inch and see how its clearing.

The wiring aspect is EASY, seriously( The hardest part is making sure wires aren't too short or too long, and fixing any damaged plugs or pins[all my pins were pulled from my o2 and my oil pres plug had the yellow pin pulled lmfao]). I may post my own complete writeup if I have time. I reached some tricky parts due to lack of information but figured it out with the help of the fsm.

GSXRJJordan
07-15-2012, 01:58 PM
^^^ I've used the Zerolift brackets (back when they were Ruckus) a couple times, they're just fine, and I loved the engine location vs the R33 crossmember.

Superaison
07-15-2012, 02:16 PM
^^^ I've used the Zerolift brackets (back when they were Ruckus) a couple times, they're just fine, and I loved the engine location vs the R33 crossmember.

I didn't run them honestly because I didn't have another stock ka/sr engine mount. I only had drivers side haha, I may try them some day, but I doubt it i'll probably throw them up here on the forums for cheap see if anyone wants em

BlewByYou
07-20-2012, 10:13 AM
$30 Drain Kit;) Used -10an hose wrapped it in Dei heat wrap. Perfect!!
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/mskarakis007/3ce240ee.jpg

TopHat kit.
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/mskarakis007/0ddfc26b.jpg

Majorwood76
07-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Never mind edited my post

TwoHarbors240
07-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Just wondering if all the RB25 blocks are the same? I have an RB25neo right now and am in need of a new block, as far as i understand the only difference is the head. Would be much easier knowing that i can buy any RB block. thanks

BlewByYou
07-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Block are way diff. Oil pick up, dipstick, Alot of other stuff

the a3k
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
on my rb25, im getting rid of the stock crossover type intake manifold and installing the greddy one. here is a pic of the stock piping

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RB25DET-INTAKE-CROSS-OVER-PIPE-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16dHJG!E9nm3rIkVBQDFVNUpZw~~60_57.JPG

with the greddy one eliminating all the extra piping, i need a pipe from the intercooler to have a spot for the BOV and the IACV hose (or whatever its called) cxracing has something like this. in the picture, its the pipe right under the intercooler

http://s1.promotionsupplies.com/ebay/just-intercoolers/images/intercooler_kit/KIT-RB-STOCKTB-IC48-2.jpg

anyone have experience with these or know of another company that makes these or will i have to go custom?

gearhead55
07-27-2012, 04:44 PM
why do RB25s always seem to have cracked dipstick handles? What causes this? where can i find a replacement?

fliprayzin240sx
07-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Heat and plastic dont mix. Buy a new replacement from Nissan.cc

gearhead55
07-29-2012, 02:18 PM
thanks. goddamn shipping costs more than the part.

barry32
08-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I have a question I have a s13 wit a rb20 and im getting a rb26 was wondering if the tranny I have now will bolt up to the 26?

BlewByYou
08-12-2012, 11:15 AM
It should but that's not what u wanna do, again that's not what u wanna do. Way to weak will break under a load

dj6923
08-22-2012, 07:06 PM
This is quoted from NICO also but I can vouch for this because I used it on my RB25.
My new find with all this trial and error is that the vq35 slave cylinder out of the 05 Maxima and 350z will fit the pattern and is bolt on. No drilling is required but you will find that it is a bit more round on the back and the stock bolts aren't long enough to fit. That is no problem easy fix. Extended bolts and spacers. I just did this and works beautifully.

Advance Auto Parts # 900043

2 M10-1.50 x 40mm Bolts (17mm hex head) Lowe's Item Number 138219
2 bags of 10mm Flat washers Lowe's Item Number 138377
2 10mm lock washers Lowe's Item Number 138380

Take your old one off.
Put in the new bolts 1 lock washer on each head and then 5 flat washers behind each and reassemble. This will push it all out and line up the way it should. Works great and for $33.48 you can have it that same day. Hope this helps everyone instead of drilling everything and paying an arm and a leg.
Goodluck,
David

va240dude
08-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Any of you RB25 guys running the PBM Cobra flex downpipe with Syko mounts? It says on PBM's website it will fit with McKinney Mounts. I PM'd Dan from PBM and he said he's unsure if it will fit with the Syko mounts and doesn't know of anyone with that combo....Any help would be appreciated.

tschmidt55
09-07-2012, 08:20 AM
how difficult is it removing a transfer case off a awd rb25 tranny and making it a RWD ?

smoked240
09-08-2012, 08:23 PM
My rb25 only runs good after 70 degree's Celsius. Anything under and it stalls out an dies. Did a computer reset. Drives a lot better when warmed up but same thing when cold. Could this be from a bad 02?

BlewByYou
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Maybe if it's not warming itself up!

smoked240
09-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Maybe if it's not warming itself up!

That's kinda what I was thinking. I heard they have a heating element in them? Not sure if it's accurate. But if that's not working then I could see how it could run like crap only cold. A replacement would be a 90-96 300zx tt correct?

fearlessKouki
09-17-2012, 09:51 AM
i need confirmation on a rb20 powersteering belt number....i searched and their were different sizes/part number....one size i found was # 11950-04U00. is this the right one?

Majorwood76
09-17-2012, 12:13 PM
My rb25 only runs good after 70 degree's Celsius. Anything under and it stalls out an dies. Did a computer reset. Drives a lot better when warmed up but same thing when cold. Could this be from a bad 02?

My rb20 did this I forgot to wire up the cold start signal, if I reset the ecu it would start fine but after a couple of days it would get worse.. Until it warmed up then it was good, not too sure on the wiring for a rb25 though

Majorwood76
09-17-2012, 12:41 PM
i need confirmation on a rb20 powersteering belt number....i searched and their were different sizes/part number....one size i found was # 11950-04U00. is this the right one?

Gates belt K030328 autozone, o Rieley will cross reference it to their belt

fearlessKouki
09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks alot Majorwood76! getting the belt today after school :P

smoked240
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
My rb20 did this I forgot to wire up the cold start signal, if I reset the ecu it would start fine but after a couple of days it would get worse.. Until it warmed up then it was good, not too sure on the wiring for a rb25 though

Jordan innovations wired mine up. I don't think it's the wiring it's been done for almost 2 years and ran fine up until mid summer this year.

tschmidt55
09-17-2012, 04:15 PM
rb25 questions,i have a rb25 looking for a transmission, my local jdm shop has a RWD tranny for 849.99, and a AWD for 449.99.. would it be cheaper to go with the awd tranny and just plug the transfer case for a rwd or should i just get the rwd? wanna spend as less as possible im trying to get it drivable fast,

smoked240
09-17-2012, 04:50 PM
rb25 questions,i have a rb25 looking for a transmission, my local jdm shop has a RWD tranny for 849.99, and a AWD for 449.99.. would it be cheaper to go with the awd tranny and just plug the transfer case for a rwd or should i just get the rwd? wanna spend as less as possible im trying to get it drivable fast,

Honestly I would go with the rwd. Less hassle that's for sure. Having the transfercase there and not being used, would add some useless weight.

tschmidt55
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
weight doesnt really matter atm i just wanna get it on the road fast as possible. ill prolly go with the awd tranny, but do they actually make just a little plug that pops into the transfercase?? or is there a proper way to do it?

GSXRJJordan
09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
weight doesnt really matter atm i just wanna get it on the road fast as possible. ill prolly go with the awd tranny, but do they actually make just a little plug that pops into the transfercase?? or is there a proper way to do it?

Proper way to do it is to weld it shut, still has problems clearing stuff (although as I recall it does have better baffling). Find a cheaper RWD (RB25) trans, they used to go for $900 or whatever but in the last few years the prices have really fallen.

tschmidt55
09-17-2012, 05:05 PM
okay, thanks!

tschmidt55
09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
another quick, i got a s14 shell wiht pretty much a r32 drive line, its got a complete r32 LSD and everything, as i said before im getting a rb25 transmission, but i wanna know if ill need to get a custom fit drive shaft? or with a stock drive shaft of the rb25 be long enough and or short enough?

FutureFab
09-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Here are some of the differences I noticed while swapping my rb25det S1 with rb25det Neo.

First off, the S1 was rwd and the Neo I got was Awd automatic, so there may be even more differences between awd and rwd neo.

Ecu plug is very different. S1 on top, Neo on bottom.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/CC44B75D-orig.jpg

Neo ecu
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/E35868AC-orig.jpg

S1 rwd has stamped steel pan, Neo Awd has cast alum pan, same as Gtr. Baffle and sump box are much more elaborate in Awd compared to rwd.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/9EC91A2D-orig.jpg

Neo water pump vs Nismo water pump
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/FC88E3E8-orig.jpg

Neo timing covers are plastic like this, S1/2 are stamped metal.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/FA51D682-orig.jpg

Neo has larger stock turbo exhaust housing, labeled Op6
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/39BA1AF3-orig.jpg

Neo uses top feed injectors vs S1/2 use sidefeed.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/D8412CD6-orig.jpg

S1 stock intake manifold has larger diameter runners, about 1/4 inch.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/B4CA14A0-orig.jpg

Slightly different shape on intakes going into head. Head port shape is the same tho.
S1 on top, neo on bottom.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/7A2890CD-orig.jpg

S1 water neck is larger diameter.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/2C9B4FC3-orig.jpg

Crank pulleys are differ, S1 vs Neo.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/71D71C85-orig_zps706713dc.jpg

Block casting is different for Awd Neo, probably not on rwd Neo.
S1 has holes in side of block for tranny bracket supports, they dont exist on awd neo block.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/0CC99AE4-orig.jpg

Other things I noticed but didnt photograph...

Cam sensors are different, Neo is plastic Hitachi unit, wiring is mirrored to S1.

Solid lifters and cams in Neo, revs to 8k factory.

Solid lifters are shim on bucket, not bucket on shim like gtr.

Valve covers are slightly differant.

Center garnish on neo between covers is just black, doesnt say "Nissan 2500" like S1.

Head casting is differant where coil packs meet up.

Almost all the wiring connectors are different on Neo.

Water pump pulley on Neo is larger (under driven) compared to S1.

Combustion chamber on neo is lower, vs S1 is recessed into head.

Neo pistons differ from S1.

S1/2 is 9 to 1 comp ratio, neo is 9.5 to one.

S1 has 1 thick washer on each exhaust stud, neo has 1 thick and one thin on exhaust stud.

Intake mani bolts are shorter on neo.

Neo has more bleeder lines for coolant.

Neo vct solinoid uses different clip.

Neo has no external oil drain like S1/2 do on exhaust side.

Probably more differences I didnt notice or remember.

smoked240
09-28-2012, 04:05 PM
So my car shut off on me on the way to work this morning and I think I might have narrowed it to my maf. After it happened it wouldn't start. I unplugged my maf and it fired right up. Plugged my maf back in and it died. This will happen about 5-10 times until I plug it in and rev it up and catch the idle. I cleaned my maf at lunch and it ran perfect. Is it just getting dirty? I wiped the inside of my intake and it's filled with black soot.

GSXRJJordan
09-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a faulty MAF, it would have to be REALLY dirty to make the car not start. If the intake side has a bunch of oil your filter either really sucks or the turbo is blowing a ton of oil back into the intake during compressor surge (not likely).

smoked240
09-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a faulty MAF, it would have to be REALLY dirty to make the car not start. If the intake side has a bunch of oil your filter either really sucks or the turbo is blowing a ton of oil back into the intake during compressor surge (not likely).

Well I cleaned the maf and it ran fine afterwards. It's not so much oil, more of soot from burning oil. I have an apexi power intake filter so I don't think it's that. It would start but I would drive it and it would die and then wouldn't start again until I unplugged the maf.

I just got a coolant leak last night I think. Walked outside from a store and saw coolant leaking and I saw a steady stream from underneath my car. It's right under the intake manifold kinda closer to the back of the block. I'm thinking it could be the coolant port back there but I didn't have any time to investigate it.

Also noticed the knock sensor plug by cylinder 5 was broken, the wire harness plug is fine but the end broke off the sensor. Is only one knock needed cause after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it's been broken since I did the motor swap but somehow must have missed it.

GSXRJJordan
09-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Knock sensors aren't a huge deal, but some ECU's will kick into limp mode (reduced timing and lower rev limit I believe) if there's a knock sensor CEL. Check your check engine light, if it's code 55, you're good.

smoked240
09-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Knock sensors aren't a huge deal, but some ECU's will kick into limp mode (reduced timing and lower rev limit I believe) if there's a knock sensor CEL. Check your check engine light, if it's code 55, you're good.

That's makes sense, thanks! Speaking of that, I tried checking my codes and never got it to flash. I tried a wire but I don't think it reached the pins. Monday I'll try a paper clip and see if I can get a code. I reset my ecu after I replaced my o2 on Thursday

bigheadJswag
10-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Really sorry if this is the wrong thread but anyone have a rb20 maf (j60) i think, for sale WITH the pigtail would be greatly appreciated:angel:..thanks

email: [email protected]

EDIT:Or at least sell me the correct pigtail, and does anyone know if the pigtail of a 89-94 maxima will work(on the rb20 maf)..thanks many again!!

10/5/12 EDIT: Last edit untill i find one, plz if someone has a pigtail for the j60 that would be awsome.. email me [email protected]

fliprayzin240sx
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I just got done with the swap on my S14. I got the tach dialed in by turn the poteniameter at roughly the 1030 position.

tschmidt55
10-09-2012, 07:45 AM
does anyone know if a the drive shaft from a rb25 will fit in my 240? i got a s14 with a rb25 motor and tranny, r32 rear lsd, will the shaft fit? or will it be to long/short?

EnemyS15
10-11-2012, 09:42 AM
I remember seeing a thread online with the lengths of rb drive shafts for those who want to get one done locally. I want to say it won't fit, but don't quote me on it since I can't remember exactly.

PG BOOSTED
10-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Dry Sump or No for a RB25DET S1 thats going to be dailyed/and drifted?

tschmidt55
10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
rumor has it, a rb20 transmission fits a rb25 motor without much work, but i also heard a stock ka drive shaft will fit a rb20 transmission and a r32 lsd in a s14? is it true?

2F0-T
10-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I just got an RB25 and for the harness, I was given an RB26 harness. no ecu for either the 25 or 26. can i still use the harness?

Sileighty_85
10-15-2012, 10:48 AM
rumor has it, a rb20 transmission fits a rb25 motor without much work, but i also heard a stock ka drive shaft will fit a rb20 transmission and a r32 lsd in a s14? is it true?

RB20 tranny Bolts right up to a 25, but DS will length will be dependent on the Engine mounts you use.

I just got an RB25 and for the harness, I was given an RB26 harness. no ecu for either the 25 or 26. can i still use the harness?

No you can not

Zerolift Autolab
10-19-2012, 01:30 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/319094_487419544624723_808806645_n.jpg

Fresh stock of the Zerolift RB Engine Mount kits !
Price is $250 Shipped in the US !

zerooath
10-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Does anybody know if the Mckinney Motorsports RB25 to S14 driveshaft is compatible with a RB25DET NEO?

snmlmz
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
gotta dent it so it can clean the steering shaft, unless you get the SYKO mount kit that comes with a special custom elbow to clear it

the syko mount kit says its for rb25, but will it work for rb20's as well and if not what should i do about it?

Sileighty_85
10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
the syko mount kit says its for rb25, but will it work for rb20's as well and if not what should i do about it?

Not sure but if you can find someone thats just selling the elbow it will work on a RB20 Trubo

tschmidt55
10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
does anyone know he name of the part that bolts on to the rb25 block and u bolt the tranny to it? most motors have it build part of the block. it's the plate behind the flywheel and it's just a little bigger than the fly wheel. is there an actually name for that part?

GSXRJJordan
10-27-2012, 09:35 PM
It's a dust shield, doesn't bolt to anything, and isn't necessary.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/jdmofmiami/DustShieldRB25.JPG

singlecamslam
10-28-2012, 12:55 AM
^^ Cant a rock or something fly into your flywheel without that thing.

TheRealSy90
10-28-2012, 01:05 AM
If you don't have a transmission bolted to the block?

Syncade
10-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Does anybody know if the Mckinney Motorsports RB25 to S14 driveshaft is compatible with a RB25DET NEO?

Yes it is (as long as you got the correct length for ABS or no-ABS)

tschmidt55
11-03-2012, 08:43 PM
can you get me a part number for that cover? ive tried everywhere...

95s14rb25
11-06-2012, 06:14 AM
i know this isnt the wtb section but seeing if anyone know where i can purchase a rb30 bottem end?
thank you

ST34LthyN1NJ4
11-09-2012, 07:24 AM
i know this isnt the wtb section but seeing if anyone know where i can purchase a rb30 bottem end?
thank you

Products from Rotorua Import Pro Shop R.I.P.S (http://www.ripsltd.com/products.html) theres a couple places online you can get them most of them are going to be in AU... you might see some once in a while on ebay

iwillpunishyou
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Maf or map s2 rb25det aem standalone witch is better need 500 ftlbs tq 580 ish hp

iwillpunishyou
11-21-2012, 05:45 PM
To add it also has a greddy intake mani q45 throttle body if would make a difference in selection

iwillpunishyou
11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
My bad series 1

smoked240
11-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Maf or map s2 rb25det aem standalone witch is better need 500 ftlbs tq 580 ish hp

Depends. If your going to map make sure you get an Air intake temp sensor. Maf's can adjust the air coming in regardless of temp. Map only measures pressure. Adding the air intake sensor will help with that. Either one has their benefits so it's really your call. I just converted to e85 with an aem and converted to map. No Ait yet but it's planned for the future!

Majorwood76
11-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I have a rb20det into a s13 I'm having problems going past 5k rpms it feels like a fuel cut like someone presses the brakes while I'm driving anyways I have the basic upgrades full 3 inch, 255 fuel pump and front mount.. I'm thinking I'm running too rich because of no fuel pressure regulator so it's throwing the ecu into r&r.. I've checked spark plugs there good, I was wondering if anyone recommends a safc2 or just get a fuel pressure regulator.. I'm not running a wideband just going off of what I googled..any suggestions would be good it runs great normally it's just when I try to open it up it hits that fuel cut thanks guys...

FutureFab
11-22-2012, 01:42 PM
I had a similar problem, only it was the coilpacks not being strong enough. I switched to buick grand national and no more problem.

Majorwood76
11-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks Jon ill see about switching them out

redline racer510
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
I have an intermittent mis-fire on my s1 rb25. Changed and regapped the sparkplugs 3 times and it only seems to be doing it at idle. Btw I have splitfire coilpacks.

tschmidt55
11-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Quick question.. Would a rb25 tail stock for a rwd 5spd fit a rb20 5spd transmission?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Majorwood76
12-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Alright so I have a rb20 in a s13 basic upgrades 255 fuel pump fmic shit like that, well when I'm driving the car when I'm in second gear at about 2.5k rpm it gets a cut 50% of the time and everytime I hit 3.5k rpm. ( when I say cut it feels like a fuel cut like the damn motor just turns off and nothing changes when I press the gas, I actually have to shift out of that gear but next gear it wil do the same thing around 3.5k rpm..) I've gapped down my plugs and put q45 replacement coilpacks on the motor (just the back 3 cylinders going to switch them to the front 3 tomorrow) has anyone had this problem before with a 20 maybe they can shed some light on it. The motor doesn't smoke or sound like shit runs super great until it hits this cutoff point wtf? Thanks for any help guys

240shawty
12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Hay i have a rb20 no speed censor in the tranny will a ka20 work on the rb20 transmission?

ultimateirving
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Alright so I have a rb20 in a s13 basic upgrades 255 fuel pump fmic shit like that, well when I'm driving the car when I'm in second gear at about 2.5k rpm it gets a cut 50% of the time and everytime I hit 3.5k rpm. ( when I say cut it feels like a fuel cut like the damn motor just turns off and nothing changes when I press the gas, I actually have to shift out of that gear but next gear it wil do the same thing around 3.5k rpm..) I've gapped down my plugs and put q45 replacement coilpacks on the motor (just the back 3 cylinders going to switch them to the front 3 tomorrow) has anyone had this problem before with a 20 maybe they can shed some light on it. The motor doesn't smoke or sound like shit runs super great until it hits this cutoff point wtf? Thanks for any help guys

baube
12-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Hay i have a rb20 no speed censor in the tranny will a ka20 work on the rb20 transmission?

you do need a ka speed sensor in the tranny to work with the s2
cluster

alexander240
12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Will a KA radiator work with a Rb20det? I have so many things to ask before commiting to buying an RB.

Majorwood76
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Yea the ka rad hoses line up the same as Rb, but I'd upgrade to a bigger radiator as rb's run warm

twinspool
12-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I was wondering where I could find a brand new set of oem rb26 conrods and oem rb25 pistons?

Thanks

new2sr20
01-28-2013, 05:55 AM
for an S1 RB25

Exhaust side-

Studs-M10x1.25 50mm
Nuts-M10x1.25- I would highly recommend getting them from Fastenal. They have flanged 10.2 grade for 51 cents a piece which are stronger then the OEMs.

new2sr20
01-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Here are some of the differences I noticed while swapping my rb25det S1 with rb25det Neo.

First off, the S1 was rwd and the Neo I got was Awd automatic, so there may be even more differences between awd and rwd neo.

Ecu plug is very different. S1 on top, Neo on bottom.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/CC44B75D-orig.jpg

Neo ecu
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/E35868AC-orig.jpg

S1 rwd has stamped steel pan, Neo Awd has cast alum pan, same as Gtr. Baffle and sump box are much more elaborate in Awd compared to rwd.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/9EC91A2D-orig.jpg

Neo water pump vs Nismo water pump
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/FC88E3E8-orig.jpg

Neo timing covers are plastic like this, S1/2 are stamped metal.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/FA51D682-orig.jpg

Neo has larger stock turbo exhaust housing, labeled Op6
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/39BA1AF3-orig.jpg

Neo uses top feed injectors vs S1/2 use sidefeed.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/D8412CD6-orig.jpg

S1 stock intake manifold has larger diameter runners, about 1/4 inch.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/B4CA14A0-orig.jpg

Slightly different shape on intakes going into head. Head port shape is the same tho.
S1 on top, neo on bottom.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/7A2890CD-orig.jpg

S1 water neck is larger diameter.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/2C9B4FC3-orig.jpg

Crank pulleys are differ, S1 vs Neo.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/71D71C85-orig_zps706713dc.jpg

Block casting is different for Awd Neo, probably not on rwd Neo.
S1 has holes in side of block for tranny bracket supports, they dont exist on awd neo block.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/2weldit/Snapbucket/0CC99AE4-orig.jpg

Other things I noticed but didnt photograph...

Cam sensors are different, Neo is plastic Hitachi unit, wiring is mirrored to S1.

Solid lifters and cams in Neo, revs to 8k factory.

Solid lifters are shim on bucket, not bucket on shim like gtr.

Valve covers are slightly differant.

Center garnish on neo between covers is just black, doesnt say "Nissan 2500" like S1.

Head casting is differant where coil packs meet up.

Almost all the wiring connectors are different on Neo.

Water pump pulley on Neo is larger (under driven) compared to S1.

Combustion chamber on neo is lower, vs S1 is recessed into head.

Neo pistons differ from S1.

S1/2 is 9 to 1 comp ratio, neo is 9.5 to one.

S1 has 1 thick washer on each exhaust stud, neo has 1 thick and one thin on exhaust stud.

Intake mani bolts are shorter on neo.

Neo has more bleeder lines for coolant.

Neo vct solinoid uses different clip.

Neo has no external oil drain like S1/2 do on exhaust side.

Probably more differences I didnt notice or remember.

Will the NEO crank pulley work on a S1?

Will the injectors and fuel rail work on S1?

singlecamslam
01-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Is the only way for the speedo to work on a rb25 tranny in s13 is a dakata digital box? I hear NA z32 sensor will work, but also heard it will NOT. My speedo reads right around 2x slow.

BlewByYou
01-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Neo pulley will work but you will need a neo p/s pump bc its 4 rib. rail will work, Injectors will not..

iwillpunishyou
01-31-2013, 07:47 PM
will the ka24de a/c comp bolt up to the rb25det ser1 have not pulled the comp out and test fit yet just wondering before i disscharge it:goyou:

ch1873857
01-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Really

Whatcha think man

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

baube
02-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Is the only way for the speedo to work on a rb25 tranny in s13 is a dakata digital box? I hear NA z32 sensor will work, but also heard it will NOT. My speedo reads right around 2x slow.

you can try adjusting the potentiometer behind the tach itself. iirc it was set nearly all the way to the left on mine

xnissan240sx
02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Anyone else had a problem with the front sway bar hitting the oil pan. The chassis is s13 and the motor is RB25det. What can I do to help fix this?
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/549364_10151286679887971_868585066_n.jpg
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/67935_10151286679842971_1090303128_n.jpg
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/600556_10151286679882971_282466318_n.jpg

va240dude
02-04-2013, 10:11 PM
^^^^^ Get syko's sway bar bracket kit $75 SHIPPED or so...OR....use washers to space the sway bar out more....

GSXRJJordan
02-04-2013, 11:16 PM
What mount kit are you using? My Ruckus/Zerolift mounts didn't do that.

singlecamslam
02-05-2013, 12:56 AM
you can try adjusting the potentiometer behind the tach itself. iirc it was set nearly all the way to the left on mine

You talking about the tachometer? I'm asking about the speedo.

baube
02-05-2013, 07:03 AM
my bad! yes I was talkin about the tacho

for the speedo just put your KA sensor in the RB tranny

smoked240
02-05-2013, 08:29 AM
my bad! yes I was talkin about the tacho

for the speedo just put your KA sensor in the RB tranny

Wrong! The ka and rb speed sensors are different. From what I've read a z32 na speed sensor should get your speedo within a couple miles and is a direct fit, from what I've read though. I haven't tried it yet since I'm broke but it will be my next purchase.

As for the tach, without a 10k resistor it won't be accurate. I have mine turned all the way to the left and it's off 400 rpm until I get to like 6 then it's off 1-1500 rpm.

baube
02-05-2013, 08:47 AM
speedo works like before the swap in my s13... same for 2 of my friends

car was ka24de w/5spd

smoked240
02-05-2013, 09:19 AM
speedo works like before the swap in my s13... same for 2 of my friends

car was ka24de w/5spd

Okay? But you still didn't take the ka speed sensor and install it into the Rb25 trans. The Ka one is smaller and shorter. I could see if you removed the gear off the ka speed sensor and got it on the rb speed sensor, no idea on that cause I never tried it. Or you have an rb20 trans.

xnissan240sx
02-05-2013, 10:48 AM
What mount kit are you using? My Ruckus/Zerolift mounts didn't do that.

I have the top hat mounts.

2sav
02-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Is there clearance issues with a nismo powerbrace on a s13 rb25 using syko mount kit?

projects
02-07-2013, 02:23 PM
with the sway bar, if you can find one in the US ( you might have to by one in or go aftermarket) are A31 Cefiro or C33 Laurel Front sway bar. They run the McPherson strut like the Silvia but allow for the RB motor.

slideslidegnarslide
02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Any body have an r33 trans crossmember and the dust plate between the engine and trans for sale?

I would actually love to find some one local to make sure it fits but I'm running r33 subframe and stock mounts..( well sorta still 2 post style but almost a solid mount at the bottom) I heard I either need r33 trans crossmember or auto Ka? Is this true and does any one have them

fsuarez
02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
**need swap help**

im going to have the swap done at a shop (R1 Motors) thing is i want to take everything all at once and not have Ray tell me im missing parts for the swap

i already have a rb20det swap inside a s13 with a rb25 turbo, already cleared the elbow and steering column problem

i want to swap out the rb20 motor for rb25 motor

what parts from the rb20 can i use on the rb25

RB240Coupe
02-26-2013, 06:57 AM
double posted

RB240Coupe
02-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Alright RB Gurus need some help didnt want to start a thread for it but here is my problem.
Im currently in the process of building and inspecting my rb20. everything its being tore down to check for wear and see if everything is in spec. i have the service manual and have been through it searched forums and used that great trash can of the world the internet. What i need to know is what the factory Valve specs and measurements are height, length etc ? none of the info is listed in the FSM i have.
thanks any help would be appreciated