PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem

joecar
09-14-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a hks clutch with a 3 puck disk and I have had it for a while with no problems, its a very very stiff clutch. But I just put a new clutch slave cylinder in and I only have half the clutch oporational. It picks up about and inch of the floor and the rest of the pedal has dead play, you basically have to pull it up with your foot after every shift. I bled the slave cylinder and took the box out with all that crap hooked up to and just routed the main clutch line to the cylinder. its seems to pick up lower and lower toward the floor the more I shift. Its also not leaking any fluid. I have no idea what the problem is

Al_S14
09-14-2005, 06:34 PM
i am pretty sure you stilll have air in the system. best thing for you to do is get a vacuum bleeder from sears or any auto store. put can of brake fluid up top cap down so it automaticly fills up as soon as level goes down. get under the car and start pumpin buddy. I went thru almost a liter of fluid when i replaced my slave and master untill i thought it was perfect. in this case more you do it better it is. it'll clear lines up from any corosion so you can "over do it" .

oh yeah and this method does not require two people so you can do it by yourself.

bj180sx
09-14-2005, 08:03 PM
here is another thought. You might need to adjust the clutch pedal. usually happens with aftermarket clutches. Also if none of that works you might need a better spring on the clutch pedal. I had to replace mine but haven't really heard of others needing to do that.

yumm
09-15-2005, 10:02 AM
it was the spring on my pedal that fixed teh problem

NemeGuero
09-15-2005, 06:55 PM
that, and the more you bleed can't be bad.. it'll get stiffer and more responsive

all depends on how anal you want to be..