PDA

View Full Version : ESPELIR JGT500 on 240sx KA24E?

IES13
09-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm having a hell of a problem with getting the Espelier Exhaust on my 1990 240Sx KA24E... I was able to pull of the old exhaust but for some reason the Espelier is not lining up right, I triple checked and its the current one. The the Espelir is in two pieces, the front half from the the end of the cat-back has a screw type hanger popping from the side; but I don't know where to screw or drill. The piping is hitting the buttom of the rear driver side passager foot rest thingy.

Does anyone have any ideas or clues?

Thanks...

crioten
09-11-2005, 04:08 PM
are you doing this by yourself? it is way easier to put on exhausts with 2 people...

the reason is that once you get one or two of the hangers on. the exhaust will twist and make it hard to line up (get one guy to hold the very end while you try to bolt it on)

anthony240
09-11-2005, 04:40 PM
get the stock exhaust and the espelir side by side on the ground, see if the the lines are the same.
exhausts are the easiest to install, except for the sometimes rusty bolts. if you're having that much trouble, the exhaust might be for S14.

IES13
09-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys...But I was installing this with a friend, we pulled off the Exhaust and did place it side by side, the lines are almost the same but for a few bents...odd huh...The box says its for S13 RPS13. I have installed a RS*R exhaust on my Accord before that that was easy... The main problem is that piece from the cat-back...The end half with the muffler and hanger is a perfect fit.....=(