PDA

View Full Version : GT2871R fitment

Nismo180
09-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Anyone have a GT2871R on a Stock replacement manifold? I'm trying to find out if it'll fit any manifold or if there is some contact on some of them. I know WRCmilla's GT30something turbo would only work if the #1 runner was bent up a little so the Silkroad style ones would work, but not the SSautocrap one. Anyone know if the GT2871R would fit on say the DCsport mani?

eyustfu
09-09-2005, 07:29 PM
the turbo will fine on the stock mani, many people have theirs set up this way.. the DC sport one should clear too

Nismo180
09-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Fantastique! Much appreciated.

Rich Druash
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
I have a Gt2871R on a jgy customs equal length stock replacement. I had to modify the wastegate actuator to make it fit. I flange and downpipe both fit up, but when you clock the turbo to the right position the wastegate actuator will be right in the way of the turbo outlet that goes to the hot pipe. I fliped the plate backwards, drilled to new holes, and extended the arm(since the plate is offset and when you flip it backwards it won't reach) It's funny because every company said it was a perfect fit, Finally one of the Techs at Heavy Throttle told me they had the wastgate actuator had to be modified, I was about to loose my mind after spending $1200. I might be able to send you some pictures if you want.

Wahl 36
09-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I have a Gt2871R on a jgy customs equal length stock replacement. I had to modify the wastegate actuator to make it fit. I flange and downpipe both fit up, but when you clock the turbo to the right position the wastegate actuator will be right in the way of the turbo outlet that goes to the hot pipe. I fliped the plate backwards, drilled to new holes, and extended the arm(since the plate is offset and when you flip it backwards it won't reach) It's funny because every company said it was a perfect fit, Finally one of the Techs at Heavy Throttle told me they had the wastgate actuator had to be modified, I was about to loose my mind after spending $1200. I might be able to send you some pictures if you want.

I went through the samething!

Eternal_240Sx
09-22-2005, 12:03 AM
yea definitely post pics of the modified bracket... It help mucho when i do mine eventually... thanks

SochBAT
09-22-2005, 12:44 AM
T25, T3, and T28s are the same flange, IIRC!

theicecreamdan
09-22-2005, 12:47 AM
I would like to see said pictures of modificated turbo

fliprayzin240sx
09-24-2005, 04:17 AM
I did the same thing. Im running the MR manifold. I had to clock the turbo roughly to the same spot as a stock T25 and running stock lines. the actuator was fun cuz it was like a lego project. Like said above, if you re-clocked the turbo *which you will have to* the actuator will be right on the way of the turbo outlet. So i had to flip the bracket and re drill some holes on it to remount the actuator on it. Downside now is that the part that opens the turbo valve at the other side of the actuator will be short cuz of the off-setted bracket. Upside...you can extend it to reach. took me a bit to figure out wut to do, i was gonna make my own damn bracket but then i got lazy.

Then i had one of the J rubber intercooler connectors off a skyline intercooler and just used that to hook up to my hot pipe. I should wrap it or something cuz i know thats a melting incident waiting to happen. Ill take some pix sometime and post it up so people will have an idea.

Mike Wazowski
09-24-2005, 10:44 AM
The GT2871R fits very well with the Full-Race stock mount.

fliprayzin240sx
09-25-2005, 07:20 PM
I took some pix and now remembered wut i did, since i flipped the bracket, the actuator is actually gonna be too short to reach. So i got longer studs for the bracket and used washers as spacers.

http://www.pxracing.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10017/normal_rays%20015.jpg

veilside180sx
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
T25, T3, and T28s are the same flange, IIRC!

T2 based exhaust housings are T25/T28

T3 is a different footprint(flange)

powerls
09-26-2005, 09:33 PM
how about some pics of the intake for a T2 flanged 2871? I know it will require a custom set up, but I would like to everyone else setup. Also, anyone know of a company that makes a drop in intake for this setup?

massscene
09-30-2005, 08:44 PM
The GT2871R fits very well with the Full-Race stock mount.
you know from first hand experiance???? this is the setup I am tryin to get. please let me know what you know? power, fitment, problems, praise?

b00st2R
09-30-2005, 08:55 PM
will the actuator need to be modified if using a stock manifold?

Wahl 36
10-01-2005, 10:45 AM
will the actuator need to be modified if using a stock manifold?

If you clock the exhaust and intake side you shouldnt have to mess with the actuator. mine went about 30 degrees counter clock wise and the exhaust side clears, and the intake side ends up facing down toward the motor mount but it clears up the clearance issue.