PDA

View Full Version : Coil-over revalve question

smily_vigor
09-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I have an 1992 240sx and currently I have installed a full coil-over suspension. The front is cusco (with the camber plates..) and the rear is the JIC SF-1. I bought them used and the rear is shot now. I was thinking of just buying new shocks but I then remembered that you can buy just the damper part and change them out. (you can see them here http://www.jic-magic.com/productsjic_susp_parts.htm ) Anyways, what i wanted to know is since my SF-1 don't have adjustable dampening could I possibly buy the replacement dampers from say the SA-1 or FLT-1 and just put them in mine, to make it have adjustable dampening? Does anyone know if they will fit? I tried calling JIC but couldn't get in contact with anyone and even if they knew I doubt they would tell me cause it probably would loose them money. Any ideas let me know, thanks guys.

smily_vigor
09-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Bump

Hey guys, no one has no ideas on this. Well also at the same time can anyone tell me if they've ever changed out the replacement dampers on their coil-overs? Whatever the make of coil-overs, tell me your experience on how hard the procedure is, cause it looks pretty simple but want to make sure first.

Pacman
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Changinf out the dampers for coilovers is easy. Start at the top, work you way down. Its almost the same as a spring/strut combo but a little more parts (camber plates have the bushings, washers, etc.). I had to change the damper/McPherson mount on my MR since it was a manufacter defect.

smily_vigor
09-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Ok cool so we concluded that the process is simple but can anyone tell me if my theory will work. About changing the regular dampers to the dampening adjustable dampers. Will it work? (rear JIC SF-1 1992 240sx)

smily_vigor
09-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Well I guess no one has ever tried this, or maybe it was a dumb idea on my side. Guess i'll just have to try it and see what happens, keep you posted.

Jonnie Fraz
09-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Why not go with SPL? don't they advertise trading in your old blown dampers for SPL's? I think It's only $550.00 with trade in. JIC wants $200.00 ea, and I hear they are a little slow to get out parts. Not dissing on JIC I have them and I love them, but $550 for a brand new set up sounds cool.

Pacman
09-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Check the damper location and compare the pictures. It may work, it may not. I don't know. Try calling JIC and see if the struts are the same.