PDA

View Full Version : need help bad

smithers584
09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Ok, i know this has been covered and I searched and tried everything, dont know what else to do.
First off, i have a s13 blacktop in a s14, manual tranny. When i have my boost set at 13 psi the car accelerates fine until about 3500 rpms, then it starts breaking up real bad and making a shitty noise. When i turn the boost controller off everything seems to run fine. Also, at idle it runs a little rough, like bogging down but not all the time. Things that have been done:

Pulled ECU- got a 55
Changed plugs-used ngks-gapped at .028
Changed fuel filter
Changed fuel pressure regulator-installed SARD AFPR at 48 lbs
Pulled all my intercooler pipping apart and inspected fittings, also replaced clamps.
Checked every vacumm line, cannot find any leaks.
Unplugged coilpacks one at a time with the engine running, engine responded properly to all.
Compression tested- 165-170 in all four
checked MAFS-cleaned
Inspected wiring to coilpacks, TPS, CAS, MAFS, 02- looks good
Voltage is at 14.15 while the problem is occurring, according to my turbo timer

It seems to be running rich, if i stay on it while its breaking up it starts smelling like gas. Anyone have any ideas? Also, what are the chances that i have a bad sensor and the ecu isnt telling me? Any help is appreciated, thanks

slider2828
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Dude man at 12 psi, you are running your car 100% duty cycle.... at 13 Ima sure your injectors are NOT supplying enough fuel to your motor even though you have a FPR.... 12psi is 100% duty cycle 10psi is around 80% in which is considered pretty safe.... Good luck and don't blow it up.... o btw 100% at 12psi is on stock 370cc injectors in which you haven't really said you upgraded.