PDA

View Full Version : Saying hi and need some body panels

jimmyjam
09-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm new to 240's in general. My roomate has a 95 with a black top swapped in and a front end conversion but he's not active on any boards and only comes on to read up on specific things. I used to own a neon ACR and worked on it a good bit for a few years, but that was a completely different car so I'm kinda going into this blindly. And he is about right there with me as far as specifics on these cars go. :rofl:

The plan is to fix this shell up (1990 SX-SE) completely, then swap his engine over. Then I'm going to put something (haven't researched the RB enough yet to make the call there) into his shell and use his car. There's a running longblock in the 90 shell. Hoses and all just aren't hooked up because the kid we got this thing from was going to try and fix his tranny, only has 1st and 2nd gears he said. If anyone wants to buy the engine cheap or trade for panels etc... just let me know. The car was an abandoned project of his and he swapped it to us for a graphics card.

We are currently looking for pass side quarter panels and pass side headlight assembly mostly, but if driver side panels are available I'd buy those also. Rear bumper needed and front could stand to be replaced. Possibly hood also. Dealing with a real beater here body wise, but got her essentially for free so it's a project now. Needs a windshield also, but figured I'd get that when it came time to paint the thing.

I'm basically not 100% what the lines on the body are supposed to be like, gaps etc... So I figure I'll replace them all if it comes to it, because used fenders shouldn't cost that much and every panel on the car except the roof and hatch has at least SOME problem with it. I think the driver side ones could be fixed by a body shop though.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. May take some pictures soon also. Hoping to talk to some people at NOPI and get some insight as well.

Forgot to add, Located in Dalton, GA. NW GA Close enough to Atlanta and Chattanooga or Knoxville areas to go for pickup of parts or meet up etc...