PDA

View Full Version : fuel problems.. please help me

92_SHIFT_KA24ET
09-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I have a 1992 Nissan 240SX with 80k mileage ka24e that I just dropped in.

having a fuel problem of some sort not sure why and its retarded..

my car only wants to start when shoot gas into the throttle body and it'll run for a few seconds and dies but if i keep on the gas and reving the car stays running.

But when i shut the off and try to re-start it back up in the next 30 seconds it wont start!!!!!!

To get the car to re-start I gotta shoot some more god damn gas into the throttle body and then I try starting again and it fires right up fine.

The fuel pump is working becasue if i just turn the key without starting the engine i can hear the pump working and stuff..

I"m thinking its a fuel filter if you guys would think that too or any other help would be great too,...

But also I tried by-passing the filter didn't know if it would matter or work but i was like what da hell and i tried it.

So I by-pass the fuel filter and try starting the car but a No-Start...So I get out of the car again and shoot more gas into the throttle body and go try starting it again and there she goes and fires right up.

Hook the fuel filter back up the way its soppose to be and try starting it again without shooting any more gas into the throttle body but it was a No-start again!!!!

So I get out for like the 100th time and shoot more gas into the throttle body and it fires up again .

Fuel pump is working, i hear it working, there's a quater of a gas in the gas tank.

What do you guys think of this???

420sx
09-02-2005, 05:07 PM
just to check something, disconnect ur fuel filter and run it without the filter just to check if its cloged. if it is, then get a new filter. im sure thats what it is.

92_SHIFT_KA24ET
09-02-2005, 05:14 PM
just to check something, disconnect ur fuel filter and run it without the filter just to check if its cloged. if it is, then get a new filter. im sure thats what it is.

yeah i did that... i by-passed the fuel filter and it still wouldn't start.

92_SHIFT_KA24ET
09-02-2005, 08:01 PM
do you have any more ideas that i can check that may be the problem???

thanks