PDA

View Full Version : Silvia frontend install?

alemanyS13
09-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Im thinking of a sil-eighty frontend for my hatchback, but before going out and buying parts i need some tips on....

...what to look for.
...anyone had any difficulties with the install?
...will any version fit- Qs, Js, Ks, etc?

Never done a conversion before thats why this is such a newbie question.
ANY INFO WILL HELP GREATLY. Thanks for your time. Peace!!! :

john891
09-01-2005, 10:23 PM
just take everything off and put it all back on

infinitexsound
09-01-2005, 11:43 PM
basically........ remove and install pretty much bolt on, best advice i can say is start with the bumper then fenders, then hood....then adjust for good gaps..

smily_vigor
09-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Well I just finished mine, and it was really easy. Everything bolts up without any modification. Just disassemble everything and make sure you keep all the bolts cause you'll be re-using a lot of them. Actually when your putting it back together you'll see that also a lot of bolts you don't need, like for example the four main bumper bolts you need but the nuts that hold the front bumper to the fender, you can get away just putting one at the top and one at the bottom. You'll need those left over nuts to mount your headlights. Also on your fenders you can leave one or two out. Basically just use your common sense. As far as wiring all the lights, depending on if you have the projectors or the regular sqares it's pretty simple. I have the regular squares so I don't know about the projectors. The main light harness just plugs right in for the high and low beam . Then you can use the brown (power) and black (ground) on the old flip motors' plug to power the H3 blub. It's pretty cool cause now the flip light control button now becomes your on/off switch for those (there's a write up on doing it on this site, you do also have to remove two relays, just search the forum). With the flashers on and a test light you can easily find what wires to use for the flashers/blinkers (whatever you wanna call them). Well you should be good with that info, just pm me if you have any major problems i'll try to help the best I can.

broken_s13
09-02-2005, 04:19 AM
make sure you get the JDM bumper support. If you dont get one you can cut the holes for the bolts bigger. Make sure you use the bumper support or else the bumper will sag.

alemanyS13
09-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Is this true that you need the JDM bumper support to install?

Those who have the conversion, what was your experience with this?

theicecreamdan
09-03-2005, 08:53 AM
make sure you get the JDM bumper support. If you dont get one you can cut the holes for the bolts bigger. Make sure you use the bumper support or else the bumper will sag.

(slalsbasgojakdf.cis)

smily_vigor
09-04-2005, 06:59 AM
Is this true that you need the JDM bumper support to install?

Those who have the conversion, what was your experience with this?

Yeah you do need it, the USDM one is a little different, but as he said you can alter the holes. But most kits come with the bumper support so buy one that includes it, then it will be direct bolt on.