PDA

View Full Version : Swap Question

dhope240
04-20-2002, 12:14 PM
I took my car down to an import tuner shop awhile ago, and asked them about a sr swap into my car (93 SE auto). He said since my car is an auto he was gonna charge me 6-7k for the whole deal. I think that is a big rip. If i were to order a front clip and have a mechanic i know install it, would there be anything that he would mess up in the auto to 5spd conversion?

Jeff240sx
04-20-2002, 12:38 PM
You'd need a couple parts that wont be included in the clip.  Driveshaft, cuz the manual is different, and the tranny crossmember.  That one might be in the clip.  If you get a clip cut at the firewall, you will need a manual clutch and brake pedal.  Then the interior plate around the shifter and the shift boot, and probably the shift knob.
Thats all I know.  The swap seems pretty straightfoward.  I can let you know if it is a PITA, cuz in about 3 weeks I should be doing it.
-Jeff

S13drift
04-20-2002, 12:39 PM
where are you located?

dhope240
04-20-2002, 12:48 PM
I live in Houston, TX. Anyone know of any good shops around that area? Also where could i purchase the manual driveshaft and/or the tranny crossmember?

Arcane
04-23-2002, 03:13 PM
why don't you get in contact with other shops and ask them...that way you can get a ballpark figure...and don't hesitate to drive out of your way if you find a shop you trust...louis at boostdynamics.com is a cool guy and i'm going to have their shop do my swap...and that's even after i move back to california...

rabbit23
04-23-2002, 07:26 PM
there are quite a few people in houston that have done the swap. you should check out houston street racing assoc.-

http://www.h-s-r-a.com

check on the message board, i believe one of the moderators has an sr in his 95 240. they should be able to reccomend a shop in houston.