PDA

View Full Version : brake pads

silvia lover
04-20-2002, 02:31 AM
just wonder which one should i use, the axxis Original Deluxe brand organic material brake pads, or the Axxis Metal Master brake pads? i have a 95's 240 se, and it is my daliy car, just wondering what the difference between those two pads, and what should i choose from. btw, the search function won't work. hope someone can help.

Arcane
04-23-2002, 03:20 PM
i've tried a set axxis pads and i don't know why but those wore down quicker than my generic military auto shop brand...so i stuck with those...i think i used the originals...but not sure...

jdkruger4
04-23-2002, 05:07 PM
I have the metal masters on my 91. They definately get better stopping power than what was on there before, and are smoother also. I've only had them on for about 2 months so i cant comment on the life of them but i seem to get about hte same amount of brake dust. I bought mine from www.coximport.com they have free shipping and good prices. later

drifterx
04-23-2002, 09:35 PM
i had mine since August and they r still meaty.......
they stop alot faster......
i see alot of dust on them.....

Ser_rah
04-23-2002, 10:16 PM
I have the metal masters on my car too.  Very good.  I have ss lines too to help the "feel".  Also helps.  Next I'm gonna go for a set of brembo, or name-brand  rotors, but I'm not sure where to go for this yet.

silvia lover
04-25-2002, 12:14 AM
thanks guys, it seems like the metal pads is the one to go, and better than the oem pads. i gonna buy those in the near future, and upgrade the rotors to brembo or the others, because my rotors looks like a bit wore out. btw, thanks for the opinion.