PDA

View Full Version : S13 Rear Speaker Removal

rotaryknight
04-19-2002, 11:42 AM
I've been swapping out the speakers in the S13 Hatch.  It's pretty simple but i can't find the rear speaker amplifiers....I don't feel like pullin out all my panel looking for them.  The fronts were right under the speakers but the rears I think Nissan hid the amp somewhere.

Anyone have an answer or know what panel the damn amp is behind? The damn service manual shows a rear amp but not location.

HKrpS13
04-19-2002, 12:44 PM
it's under the metal thing that's holding the speaker.
yes you need to take off the panel

rotaryknight
04-19-2002, 09:35 PM
please more specific..According to the service manual the two rear speakers share an amp.....what metal thing are you talking about?  I looked in the speaker holes and didn't see crap.  What panel driver side rear or passenger side rear? Please more specific i don't want to randomly pull panels.

ant33510
04-19-2002, 09:58 PM
I have an S13 and my rear amp is right next to the speaker on the rear metal mount so i don't think that urs is hidden in the  trunk pannels, maybe someone had removed it before u had bought the car..

SSJ2Gohan
04-19-2002, 10:00 PM
Are you putting in your own amp on the car?  Or are you just swapping new speakers in?

rotaryknight
04-19-2002, 11:46 PM
I installed a deck that has an internal amp...i'm swapping the speakers out...

I removed the amps in the front so everything is cool but the rears i did not see an amp and installed the speakers and things are not that great back there....

misnomer
04-20-2002, 12:21 AM
Wow. . . just. .. wow. ..

Driver's side, behind the shock tower hanging under the metal bracket that holds the speaker. It's four or five inches wide, more or less round. Kind of a bitch to get to, but definitely worth killing. I had to pull out half of the interior lining to get to mine.

rotaryknight
04-20-2002, 12:53 AM
Mahalo Nui Loa....thanks that's all i wanted to know....