PDA

View Full Version : Door out of alignment?

Al_S14
08-14-2005, 06:58 PM
are doors suppose to get out of alignment with time... my driver door sits lower then normal when its open so i have to slam it harder then normal to make sure it closes.

there are no signs of car being in any accidents. is there any way to "lift" the door back up to its original angle/position?

spdfreek0o
08-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't know if 240sx's have hinge pins, but a common problem of hinges with hinge pins is the hinge pins and/or bushing get worn out causing the door to sag. If that's not the problem then the top hinge could be rolled back from an accident, or the hinge got knocked back or something. It's most likely the top hinge that is causing it to sag.

wootwoot
08-14-2005, 09:05 PM
They arent suppose to go out of alignment but they do. Call some Nissan Dealer in your area and get parts, they will help.

projectRDM
08-14-2005, 09:22 PM
The doors tend to sag from people leaning on them while getting in/out of the car. Sometiems it's as easy as unbolting the hinges slightly and realigning it, but if the hinge bushing is worn you'll have to replace the entire hinge. Try adjusting it first, place a bottle jack under the door about midway and loosen the hinges a little, then begin to slowly raise it up. Tighten the hinges and see where it rests. You can also verify the hinge's condition by just lifting up and down on the back edge of the door, excessive play means it's worn out.
Mine sits low too, just haven't felt like adjusting it in the summer heat.