PDA

View Full Version : Injen Short Ram Loudness

punxva
08-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Yo guys, i just installed my injen short ram today, and it doesnt sound loud at all, compaired to my k&n drop in with a modded air box, it actually sounds lest deep and beastly. Is this normal, or is something maybe up, cause ive heard they make it quite abit louder than what i currently had my car. Please help me out guys.

chlatboy
08-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Mine isnt loud at all. But you can hear the air being sucked in pretty good if you pop the hood.

xka24detx
08-12-2005, 11:04 PM
that sounds about right.. my aem gives it a nice beefy sound... especially when you turn off the car you can still hear it sucking for a second.. :)

punxva
08-13-2005, 05:46 AM
lol thx alot, this morning when i was turning on to the highway and gave it WOT, i heard that sweet sound of air sucking through, and then it got nice and deep. Passed 2 honda's that just sat there and staired. LMAO

Lurkable
08-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Get out of here, it's loud as fuck.

>> Proof << (http://home.comcast.net/~avatar321/InjenFun.wmv)

The video doesn't do it justice but you see how I backed away from it in the second clip because of the awful, awful breaking sounds coming from the engine. It sounds like it's going to explode. :hahano: Btw, the highest it got there was 5k rpm.

SimpleSexy180
08-13-2005, 04:20 PM
well hes talking about the short ram..

Lurkable
08-13-2005, 05:38 PM
My bad...please, enjoy the video as you normally would.

punxva
08-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Dude!!! I popped the hood and teh reason why it was soo loud was because the pipe has come half-way off of the damn silicon connector, and now that i reconnected it, my car is quite as fucking hell again!!! Why is it so damn silent, after seeing that video, i now know that it should at least be abit louder than what mine sounds like, cause it sounds almost stock, btw is that teh only mod done to your car? no exhaust or nething right?

punxva
08-14-2005, 10:25 PM
please somebody help me out, i really need to know if its supposed to be quite as hell, i cant even hear air being sucked into it!!!

Irukandji
08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
i dont see why ur freaking out just because it isnt LOUD. Its a fucking pipe with a filter on the end not a full catless exhaust. Sure itll make ur engine a tad bit louder.. but nothing amazing.

dont trip.

as long as u feel a slight power increase you're ok.

punxva
08-14-2005, 10:41 PM
thats the problem, i dont feel the increase.

chlatboy
08-15-2005, 02:11 AM
Maybe you installed it wrong.

punxva
08-19-2005, 08:53 PM
ok, now ive been told by many people around where i live, that just adding an intake wont really be noticable at all, especially if im running just my stock exhaust even with my high flow cat. Is this true or is it something else?

S_14.5
08-19-2005, 09:19 PM
you'll have better throttle response when you change your exhaust...intake&exhausts are a good upgrade combo. Just an intake is like just adding a new air filter to your car.

originalsin
08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Maybe you installed it wrong.

i dont if this is serious or ment to be a joke, but it was a good laugh

tryiian
08-20-2005, 12:53 AM
ok, now ive been told by many people around where i live, that just adding an intake wont really be noticable at all, especially if im running just my stock exhaust even with my high flow cat. Is this true or is it something else?

I can feel the difference between stock and injen sr+cae when iChange from one to the other (which iDo more often than makes sense). This on two identical (enginewise, that is, stock) 95s. One does a better job launching thanks to a bunch of viscous goop in the diff and lower profile tires, though.