PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing??

volfan98
08-11-2005, 02:56 PM
My car used to run just fine. Now my fuel pump fuse keeps blowing. I just tried replacing my fuel filter but it's still the same. Could it be a bad fuel pump?

Matt

idlafie
08-14-2005, 01:56 AM
My car used to run just fine. Now my fuel pump fuse keeps blowing. I just tried replacing my fuel filter but it's still the same. Could it be a bad fuel pump?

Matt

Matt
S13? or S14? Are you able to start the car & run it before the fuel pump fuse blows or does it blow the instant you turn the ignition switch to START??
ID

asiangento
08-14-2005, 04:30 AM
does ur car make weird noises when u shake the back? theres a chance ur baffle for the gas tank is loose. happened to my old car, and a friend of mine too.

kota2240
08-17-2005, 08:35 AM
I am currently having the same problem. Mine blows instantly. But i think my ECU is roasted because i noticed a spark where the black/red wire goes.

Disconnet the fuel pump clip in the back. Try starting your car and if it blows the fuel pump fuse then its not your fuel pump, its a short somewhere

AutoRnD
08-17-2005, 11:03 AM
ok chec it.. i had this problem...
have yo0u ever hit the rear end of the car?
cause there is a metal baffle in the fuel tank and on certain turn it would touch and ground the pump causing the fuel pump fust to blow..