PDA

View Full Version : aargghhh! front end clicking suspension problem

publicenemy137
08-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Alright, I've tried so many stuff. I still having a clicking in my suspension, front part. It usually makes a sound when steering, when I'm turning more than 60 degrees or so. Also when I'm driving slow, not fast, it'll start to click. It basically sounds like "kuk, kik" and is not loud but noticable. Also, it only makes the noise when the spring is loaded. Any idea on what it could be?

I've replaced my tension rods to SPL v2s, tein tie rods, new upper mounts on my coilovers ( the pillowball had too much play and was making noise as well, but not anymore). my lower control arm is fine, wheel bearings are fine, and all the bushings look in tact. I'm tired of damn suspension problems, I hope to find the problem and correct it.

KwKouki
08-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Its possible that the spring might be moving on the perch. Make sure its tight and set correctly.

Pacman
08-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Ths is why I have suspension clicking. Actually, its not from the suspension, its the brakes. I'm missing the lower pad retainers, its a clip, so the pads move in there slots. check that as that may be your problem.

91rusty240sx
08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
could be from a blown upper mount on your front suspension.

publicenemy137
08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
could be from a blown upper mount on your front suspension.

i just replaced that. There is actually a lot of play in my brakes. I'll look into that. Though I have Hawk HPS pads, and it did have the clip in there. So I dunno

publicenemy137
08-12-2005, 07:28 AM
any other ideas on what it could be?

KOUKI KA-T
08-12-2005, 07:57 AM
The slight clicking, as said, is most likely the brakes. Mine do the same thing.
Other thing to check is the lower mounts on the coilovers. On my KTS ones the lower locking collar will randomly lossen just enough to make the lower mount pop under tension.
good luck.

publicenemy137
08-12-2005, 12:57 PM
thanks! I'll need it lol. I'll get everything checked out next week. Got all of next week off work, oh yea!

SDS14Driver
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I had a similar clicking going on when i installed my GR2's and prokits on my old S13. Whenever turning at slow speeds @ just about the angle ur talking about, it was like a spring loaded poping click noise. Took about a month for it to natually go away, so i was under the impression that my springs just needed to settle.

You've got coil overs though so that may not be the case. If you're still experiencing the clickage after tuning your brakes then maybe u should just drive on em for a bit and see what develops before taking any steps that'll cost you more cash.