PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City

thejester03
08-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Hey, I am Possibly moving to Kansas City in the next few months, just wondering what the scene is like there. And what the 240 scene is like to.

bztech
08-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey, I am Possibly moving to Kansas City in the next few months, just wondering what the scene is like there. And what the 240 scene is like to.

KC is an ok town... depends on what your into. There is a decent contingent of nissan/240 folks who talk it up on NICO. They have meets from time to time. I'm usually a loser and don't go. haha.

Moving for work?

thejester03
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Actualy, Working for move, lol, just wanting a change in scenery, theres not much to do here in Northwest Arkansas.

Chuvak
08-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I live in Topeka, KS which is about a hour from Kansas City. As for a scene I couldn't help you there, im sure Overland Park has a better bet of get togethers then KC. I dont realy enjoy KC its to run down and dirty for me. But im here for military service so it wasn't really "my choice" to come here, but overall its okay im enjoying it. Topeka has nothing really for a 240 scene or a Import scene to tell the truth, not from what im used to in Southern Cali where the big boys sit ;) Well good luck with everything.

bztech
08-12-2005, 10:19 PM
I live in Topeka, KS which is about a hour from Kansas City. As for a scene I couldn't help you there, im sure Overland Park has a better bet of get togethers then KC. I dont realy enjoy KC its to run down and dirty for me. But im here for military service so it wasn't really "my choice" to come here, but overall its okay im enjoying it. Topeka has nothing really for a 240 scene or a Import scene to tell the truth, not from what im used to in Southern Cali where the big boys sit ;) Well good luck with everything.

KC never came acrossed to me as "dirty"... St. Louis seems dingy as does OKC.. but KC always seems mostly clean. The roads suck arse but thanks to some new tax changes the MO side roads are getting much better.

Overland park is a suburb of KC.. there is NOTHING going on in the suburbs.. all the clubs and hot spots are in downtown/midtown KC area. There are a few further out.. and alot more in Lawrence (45 mins away) which is a college town (of course). Lots to do here... what kind of work do you do? PM me.. the job market is kinda sparse in the midwest right now though.