PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems?

shayrgob240
08-05-2005, 10:56 PM
what's up guys. I'm really starting to get sick of my car. I mean, it's awesome but i've been working on it more than driving it, which sucks ass. Anyways, I just changed out my alternator b/c it was bad. So i turn on the car, whip out my multimeter and check the battery while the car is on. It reads 11.7 V. WTF? It should be aroudn 14V, right? Then i turn the car off and i check the battery again and it's perfect at 12.3V. So then i turn the car on and disconnect the negative and the car turns off. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!! Can it be the alternator again? The previous owner told me that he had some sort of alternator problem. He said Venus Auto had to send him 2 or 3 until it worked right. The question is this, Did the alternator ever work right? Could it not be the alternator but be something else? What else could be causing this problem? thanks

ledzeppelin240
08-06-2005, 01:15 AM
First of all about 13.5-14.5v is normal charging. And a perfect battery would be at 12.6volts.

skiboard06
08-06-2005, 07:06 AM
i just had to replace my alternator (also relocated the battery to the trunk) and now all my lights and electircal accesories pulsate any suggestions