PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Misfiring under load Help

180SXtc
08-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Alright I have had this problem for some time now... However just finally have time fix it.... So i started today with plugs gapped at .028 no difference tried a little fuel system cleaner just to get the cheap stuff out of the way... and replaced the fuel filter. No change . Basically what the car is doing is under heavy pedal 1/2 or more it will skip and misfire etc. up to redline im assuming I dont really know Havent tried nor will I. No detonation just misfire... However under moderate pedal less than 1/2 I can run right up to redline making about 5-7psi not as much power obviously. SO i know it can be a million things but im not the nissan master tech so I have decided it can be one of these things.. T.P.S, Injector, M.A.F, Fuel Pump, Boost Leak, Turbo Failure. As far as boost leak goes i have checked everything i can see and reach.. Unless its b.o.v Im sure its not boost as during idle i can hear it miss occasionally. Why i thought it was spark. I guess I could try new coils... anybody got some cheap? My idea is my over friendly forumites could tell me why it would not be one of the above if any reason and ill will continue with the guess and check.. :bash:

Al_S14
08-05-2005, 07:40 PM
i had this problem on my KA and timing was off 25d . but since sr has coil packs it may not apply

junkilo
08-05-2005, 10:17 PM
if the power is good when its not misfiring possibly a stuck or broken injector, faulty spark in a cylinder.

liv2drift045
08-05-2005, 10:55 PM
ignitor, coilpacks..id check those two

ibanezxguy
08-06-2005, 09:51 PM
i have the same problem and mine is actually in the wire its self. Just crank the crank the car and start wiggling wires/connectors starting at the ignitor chip and move to the coil. My motor actually had to be hot before it would start doing it too