PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up lights + HID

Touge180
08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
i've been searching and i can find what im looking for which is a HID kit for the pop up lights on the 1990 240

MakotoS13
08-03-2005, 05:19 PM
i've been searching and i can find what im looking for which is a HID kit for the pop up lights on the 1990 240

if you CAN find a kit why in God's good name did you make a thread about it?

DIE

Drunk Bastard
08-03-2005, 05:29 PM
i think he meant to say:
"i've been searching and i CAN'T find what im looking for which is a HID kit for the pop up lights on the 1990 240"

next time, reword your statement so it makes sense. thats like me making a new thread that says "i put gas in my car today". also, try searching. there is an h4 conversion for popups, but i dunno bout an HID kit....

MakotoS13
08-03-2005, 05:38 PM
dude he used the condition "i searched" so that we can't make the claim that he didn't search. its the new loophole. duh.

Drunk Bastard
08-03-2005, 05:44 PM
hmmmm, i think his only option at this point is to sell his car, buy a civic, then go join honda forums and bug THEM!!

hahaha

Touge180
08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
alright thats enough of that my mistake and also i have a 88 civic sedan that is turbo charged just bought my 240 i love it so far

rancid240
08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
they're out there...somewhere...at the end of the rainbow

KiDyNomiTe
08-03-2005, 06:28 PM
They make h4 HIDs.. Of cours be prepared for people to tell you that you will kill all other drivers because your lights will be too blinding, and or don't do a great job at aiming, or have hot spots yadayadayada.

I have had mine for a few months now, I wonder how many people I killed... Just dont get those diamond cut housings and you should be good.

MakotoS13
08-03-2005, 09:41 PM
alright thats enough of that my mistake and also i have a 88 civic sedan that is turbo charged just bought my 240 i love it so far

oh god, if only he were joking...

nrg
08-03-2005, 11:56 PM
hidplanet.com use it

91CRXsiR
08-04-2005, 12:11 AM
yea what he said...

u can try jamming some hid projectors in there.. i was thinking about doin it.. but it seemed like too much work and i'd rather just blind everyone cuz.... fuckem

wootwoot
08-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Whats wrong with Honda?...Better than Nissan last time I checked. Fucking elitest bull shit around here drives me insane occasionally. Even though if it is a dumb ass question that doesnt make sense, why flame? Cant just let it go so the frickin thread dies?

richardxfeng
08-04-2005, 01:33 AM
Nothing wrong with Honda.It's just something wrong with some Honda drivers.

Mervyn
08-04-2005, 02:01 AM
well, did you try to google it at least?

nizmo zilvia
08-04-2005, 02:06 AM
LOL

Try ebay or other forums. :)

chlatboy
08-04-2005, 02:19 AM

We dont even know why he made the damn statement. IT has nothing to do with zilvia or HIDs. Its like me saying I got a cell phone.

And another problem is this damn bandwagon. Even with the steady increase in members selling their cars, there seems to be many bandwagoners to take their place. And the first thing they usually say is...

"Hi guy, i just bought a 240sx and I want to know the differences between the redtop and blacktop. Ive been in the import scene for a while now and have swapped b18s into civics but i wanna leave teh honda scene for the new drift scene because it is JDM maD tYte YO!!!"

:jerkit:

240silvia
08-04-2005, 05:54 AM
how about most of you stfu and help the guy. You guys make this "bandwagon" along with the board, seem like a bunch of pricks that think they know everything. Basically, if you don't want to help him out, and are going to rant about to stupid ass bandwagon shit.... shut up and don't post. What is the point???? Post count???

Touge180
08-04-2005, 06:26 AM
alright guys i came to this site cause i think it's the best around i didn't come on the 240 bandwagon i have plans for my car and if you don't like the fact that i also own a honda tuff luck im not a tipcal honda owner that talks out of thier ass.

and this is why i brought my honda up in the first place chlatboy quoted from (drunk bastard) hmmmm, i think his only option at this point is to sell his car, buy a civic, then go join honda forums and bug THEM!!

hahaha

Enemy
08-04-2005, 07:45 AM
HIDplanet.com (<- I know the owner. Cool people.)
Clearcorners.com
Ebaymotors.com

420sx
08-04-2005, 07:54 AM
this thread is stupid. and so is every single reply. pointless waste of time.

Enemy
08-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks for replying and adding on to this "pointless waste of time".

Touge180
08-04-2005, 08:31 AM
how is this thread stupid i just had a simple question which i worded wrong and everyones down my thorat about it

ZK
08-04-2005, 10:41 AM
1. The answer is to get a H4 conversion for your flip up lights. Many different ones available from Ebay. Hella, Raybrig, Autopal, generic ones etc. Personally I have a Autopal one that has a E-code light pattern that works great.

2. Then buy a H4 HID kit from somewhere.

3. Install it.

4. Now you have HID on your pop-ups!

420sx
08-04-2005, 12:50 PM
how is this thread stupid i just had a simple question which i worded wrong and everyones down my thorat about it

stupid? because the answer to it is in common sence itself. theres so many threads about this, body kits, and other shit. :ugh:

chlatboy
08-04-2005, 01:32 PM
True. There is a search button if you look at my signature. But yea, there are problems with blinding oncoming traffic.

TOMY
08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
anyone ever try fabbing NSX headlights?

Got Sileighty?
08-04-2005, 04:26 PM
how about most of you stfu and help the guy. You guys make this "bandwagon" along with the board, seem like a bunch of pricks that think they know everything. Basically, if you don't want to help him out, and are going to rant about to stupid ass bandwagon shit.... shut up and don't post. What is the point???? Post count???

exactly....this thread is the perfect example why i think this forum is slowly spiraling down to hell, if it isnt already there. bunch of people jumping on a guy for not searching. how about just not post at all, so that the thread will just disappear?? cuz sometimes a guy DOES search but all he finds are a bunch of threads that keep telling people to search!....if u dont have anything productive to say, then just stfu.

i especially hate the ones that reply to pretty much every newb question thread just so they can tell the original poster to search. yea u know who yall are.

Touge180
08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
thats exactly it i searched and didn't get the answer i wanted and then here comes the honda bashing

FaLKoN240
08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Anyways, stop reviving this dumb thread. Touge180 search or do what ZK said, there is no real way to get the flip ups to do HIDs without mad glare, poor cut off etc. Unless you custom make a projector. Stop all this bitching about "He told me to search, blah blah."

The reason people tell people to search is because we're tired of seeing stupid ass questions that have ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED TO DEATH. If it was something totally new and revolutionary, we give great input. So unless it's a custom job, or a NEW idea, and YOU'VE SEARCHED, don't cry when everyone tells you to.

TOMY
08-04-2005, 09:07 PM
hmmmm, how about not waste energy and respond

Slidin240Wayz
08-06-2005, 02:16 PM
You can somehow cut the glass off, or figure a way to remove the lens. After that, you can either take a piece plexiglass and put it in its place. Once you do that, silicone it in there. Cut a hole for an hid projector and silicon the projector in there. There are many ways to do a retrofit. Just read up on hidplanet. It will not hurt you.
Peace.