PDA

View Full Version : Greddy emanage ultimate

Gangsta_S14
07-21-2005, 11:48 PM
I typed in "emanage ultimate" using the search function but returned no results. I'm not surprised since the emanage ultimate is still pretty new.

Does anyone have any experience with the new emanage ultimate? I'm interested to see how it matches up against other fuel computers (piggyback and standalone) like the power fc and fcon vpro.

I'm sure that many other people who are looking to spend good money upgrading their fuel management would be interested as well.

Here is a pic from the Greddy website:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Gangsta_S14/emangeultimate.jpg

Any input would be appreciated.

S14DB
07-22-2005, 12:36 AM
You search for the eManage? It's just a new version of it. Better than S-AFC but not quite a standalone. really good if you can't run standalone(no support, OBD2 code scan emissions) but, standalone is better.

It takes the base emanage and improves on it's downfalls(sub-harnesses). It comes with all the add-on features and the Support tool. If you have the regular emanage now you only have to buy the supplement harness to upgrade.

"The GReddy e-manage Ultimate was engineered to preserve the best features of the original e-manage (an economical price, the use of existing sensors, the ability to easily alter stock settings, & the vast compatibility for most Japanese performance vehicles), while advancing new innovations in piggyback engine control management. Although the external physical dimensions are the same, the Black-Chrome Ultimate has an increased number of input and output ports along with new built-in adapters, to add a number of new options.

In addition to standard e-manage airflow-based adjustments, the Ultimate version includes new and upgraded features. Included is a PC-based Ultimate Support Tool software CD, with an easy-to-use Parameter Set-up, tab menu format and speedy USB communication. Ultimate has improved direct Map control for adding and subtracting Fuel and Ignition. The ability to switch between 2 preset tuning Maps (i.e. Street or Race program) via externally mounted toggle switches. There are Maps for Individual cylinder adjustment for both Fuel and Ignition. There are also options to convert injection and ignition systems (i.e. group or sequential injection and group or individual fire ignition.) An Airflow Output Map option even allows for airflow meter elimination. And when used with a wideband A/F Meter, the Air Fuel Target Map can self-tune an Injector base tuning Map, to speed up initial tuning. There are also built-in Boost, Rev and Speed Limiter-Cut features. To create super smooth operation, there are various fine tuning Correction Maps to adjust for Throttle Acceleration, Vehicle Speed, Water Temp, Intake Temp, Auto Trans Shift, Anti Engine Stall, and Idle. To further aid in tuning, e-manage Ultimate's improved integrated Monitoring, Map Tracing and Datalogging features far exceed any other piggyback controller on the market. Even when not connected to the software, 8 channels of datalogging (at 20msec intervals) can be recorded and stored to be reviewed later. With the Support Tool connected, over 30 channels can be covered. Other new features include: Improved RPM recognition, Warning Settings, Password Protection for individual tuning Maps, NVCS (Nissan), VTEC (Honda), O2 Feed-back, Clean Fouled Plugs, and numerous others in future updates.

Ideal for optimizing and fine-tuning for performance products like Exhaust, Air Intake, Intercoolers, Boost Controllers, and Turbochargers, the e-manage Ultimate fills the gaps between conventional piggyback and expensive stand-alone engine managements."
http://www.greddy.com/prod_e_manage_ult.htm

TokyoNights
07-22-2005, 01:04 AM
An Airflow Output Map option even allows for airflow meter elimination.
so does this mean you can run a map sensor with it?

S14DB
07-22-2005, 01:12 AM
so does this mean you can run a map sensor with it?
Basically yes.

atom
07-22-2005, 02:08 AM
As far as piggybacks go, it's only real competition is the HKS F-Con SZ. If you look at the spec lists of both it's pretty clear Greddy was aiming to compete with the HKS unit. Their main features are almost damn near identical. They both blow away all the other AFC's.

I think it's a really trick piece of hardware.

the head
07-22-2005, 07:13 AM
its pretty cool but for the money why not go to a full standalone?
price for it is 800 with harness and a Haltech E6X is about 1100

Yoshi
07-22-2005, 10:29 AM

800->1100 is an almost 30% increase in price, that's a significant number... I could think of lots of things to spend $300 on :D

the head
07-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Possibly but I would rather do it once than use a piggyback and have to upgrade a second time later

Maeda
07-22-2005, 11:53 AM
What does emanage ultimate have that you need so badly that regular blue does not?

atom
07-22-2005, 12:37 PM

You're comparing Greddy MSRP to Haltech street price though. Street price for the ultimate and harness is about $650 (530 for ultimate 120 for harness) so that more like a $450 dollar difference.

As far as what makes it better than the blue, I think the fact it adjusts the injector signal directly instead of the MAF signal is enough to consider it over the blue. No more using a techtom to find out where you are in the map. Other nice features I see are TPS voltage lock, target A/F map, acceleration adjustment maps.

Maeda
07-22-2005, 12:41 PM
As far as what makes it better than the blue, I think the fact it adjusts the injector signal directly instead of the MAF signal is enough to consider it over the blue. No more using a techtom to find out where you are in the map. Other nice features I see are TPS voltage lock, target A/F map, acceleration adjustment maps.

Blue will adjust the injector signal directly as well as uses maf signal via 2 different maps. No need for techtom if you remember that it traces the map in real time. Target a/f is nice but already done on blue.

And my post wasn't asking you whats better, it was to the poster about whats required for his application.