PDA

View Full Version : Need Part Name/#'s for S14 Front End Pieces

DWillms2
07-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Hey All,
Just went to get my car inspected today for what needs to be repaired, they said I needed the front upper tie bar, the LS Headlight pocket, hood, and the one other piece here that I have higlighted (don't know what it's called) Just wondering if anyone could help me out on what the part names and part numbers are for these things. Thanks alot!

(Number 1 is the piece that the headlight sits in, and goes down and hooks to the rad support)
(Number 2 is the piece on the inside that the airbox sits on top of, it looks where the fender bolts on is in two pieces, I only need the front half of it, not the back half that goes back to the door)
The other pic is the piece that goes all the way across, that the rad is hooked to)

projectRDM
07-20-2005, 08:40 AM
You need the entire core support and the left side fender apron. Both parts will run about $400 and require drilling/welding to replace.

You could also cut off a clip from a salvage yard car and cut yours past the point of impact and weld the entire clip back in. As long as it's in front of the shock towers you won't need to worry about alignment issues.

That would actually cost less and be a little easier since you won't be drilling out over two dozen spotwelds.

DWillms2
07-20-2005, 05:09 PM
I actually talked to a local body repair shop, who will be doing all of the work. He said all I needed was the "upper tie bar", the "headlight pocket" or "side panel," and the big piece that hold the airbox ect, which from what I figured out was called a "wheelhouse assembly" (nissan-auto-parts.com I think) I also needed a hood, since he said if they tried to repair it it wouldn't pass our local structural integrity laws, but I don't know if I need all the supports that under the hood. Thanks for the reply BTW. Also, does anyone know where I can get actual parts numbers, on nissan-auto-parts they only have diagrams. Thanks!

projectRDM
07-20-2005, 07:11 PM
All those items are part of the core support. It's better to replace the whole thing than to cut/pick your old one apart.