PDA

View Full Version : 300ZX Brake question with pics. How do you put these things together?

240m3srt
07-19-2005, 07:04 PM
I am doing a 300zx brake swap on my 97 240sx. I have never messed with 300zx brakes before but i did what i thought made sense and the following pics were what i put together by common sense. Is this right? My biggest concerns were is the shiny bracket in between the caliper upside down? And does the wire clip go on the inside of the caliper like i have it? Thanks.

240m3srt
07-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, thats wonderfull....my pics are 640 quality size on my camera which is the smallest it will go but it wont let me post pics. :wtf:

Basically my understanding is that the bleeder screw is on the top inside. I have the wire clip on the inside hooked in the center casted hole. The shiny retaining clip thing in between the two sides of the caliper has a large hump which looks like it could be at the top or the bottom...i have it on the bottom.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone thats seen it and maybe i can get a pic if i can figure out how. :mad:

ThatGuy
07-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Question--->Tech Talk.

Your pictures need to be hosted online somewhere then linked to Zilvia. To find out this fact and many others visit the FAQs and Archives, Rules and Guidelines, and Forum Suggestions and Technical Support.

chlatboy
07-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Wow. I have you searched lately? I think there are more than enough places to show you how to put your brakes together. Try 300zx user manual and look under the braking section!!

240m3srt
07-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Wow. I have you searched lately? I think there are more than enough places to show you how to put your brakes together. Try 300zx user manual and look under the braking section!!

In the limited time of about 1 hour i have in between working 2 full time jobs quite frankly its just easier to ask. Im not gonna buy a 300z user manual for 2 questions i can figure out on my own, i was just hoping for some reassurance/guidance.

Thats ok if no one wants to help ill figure it out. Sorry for wasting everyones time.

upSLIDEdown
07-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Don't know if you've found this yet, but if not...

http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm

Bryan

projectRDM
07-20-2005, 08:32 AM
In the limited time of about 1 hour i have in between working 2 full time jobs quite frankly its just easier to ask. Im not gonna buy a 300z user manual for 2 questions i can figure out on my own, i was just hoping for some reassurance/guidance.

Thats ok if no one wants to help ill figure it out. Sorry for wasting everyones time.

He didn't say to buy one, they have the FSM online. Good reading skills.

The humped portion of the clip goes towards the top, as does the bleeder screw. Common sense would have told you that.

240m3srt
07-20-2005, 10:54 AM
He didn't say to buy one, they have the FSM online. Good reading skills.

The humped portion of the clip goes towards the top, as does the bleeder screw. Common sense would have told you that.

Thanks for the link upslidedown.

R240NA, i know the bleeder screw goes on the top but the hump portion will work either way test fitting off the car. This aint my first rodeo.

All i wanted was some friendly helpful advice but if all you want to do is make some sarcastic remark please refrain from posting in my thread.

projectRDM
07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the link upslidedown.

R240NA, i know the bleeder screw goes on the top but the hump portion will work either way test fitting off the car. This aint my first rodeo.

All i wanted was some friendly helpful advice but if all you want to do is make some sarcastic remark please refrain from posting in my thread.

Did I answer your question? Sarcasm or not, you got what you needed. Don't be bitter about it, we've all been there at one time or another, it's just most people never graduate from it and therefore sarcasm is required nearly in all cases. You seem willing so I'll be less of a dick next time.