PDA

View Full Version : anyone know what is coming off my ECU?

TKOs14
07-14-2005, 02:55 PM
ok ive had my swap for like a month now... nicely done very clean...but when i got my motor it came with a s13 ECU with a small wiring harness coming out from the ECU that says Field on it and the toggle switch is between Normal and Boxer what is this? and Boxer feels like its drowning in fuel? rev limiter? any ideas and does anyone else have this...

HitAndRunCrew
07-14-2005, 06:24 PM
It is just a switch that changes the settings from stock to whatever they tuned it for. FIELD usually changes the REV limit (8500...I think), boost cut (1.2), speed cut (sometimes depending on what stock ECU you have) and fuel and timing curve. You are supposed to use the stock mode when cruising around town and when you get your every 2 year inspection over here, and switch the setting on when you are getting on it...drifting, drag...whatever. If you open up your ecu, and send me the serial number on the chip...or daughterboard, I might be able to find what it is tuned for...Dave

TKOs14
07-14-2005, 07:26 PM
your a super knowledgeable dude and real nice thanks for the great info man!! i will open here up and give you the serial number im pretty curious as what its tuned to... before i start messing with things i can tell you boxer is fun :)

JDMs13
07-14-2005, 07:56 PM
keep this thread updated.....I to am curious.

DeatschWerks
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a map switcher. Crack open your ECU and check for a daughterboard. If the "Boxer" setting feels like it is drowning in fuel, it might be tuned for larger injectors that you may not have (anymore). What color are your injectors?

TKOs14
07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
as soon as i get some free time this weekend i will check the inside of my ECU and my injectors look to be stock.... i know that the ecu was supposed to be tuned.. but who i got the swap from did not know to what specs... i was just happy it worked haha

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/117/mycar29tl.jpg