PDA

View Full Version : 240 buildup tips

Miami240z
07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
I am planning on building a 240 with between 250 to 300whp. Im going with a sr20 swap for sure but im not sure about the rest of the parts that should go into the built to ensure i dont blow anything. I know my share about cars but i havent messed with anything past 180 whp much less anything turbocharged so any guides or tips on what to upgrade or replace (engine internals and such) would be apreciated. I know it will be pricey but this willl be a long term goal. I found a site for sr20dets but i dont know if its a complete swap. The motor is $1400+ship and it comes with

Motor
Turbo
Wiring harness
ECU
All required cables
All brackets and sensors
Distributor
Alternator
Complete intake Manifold
and Power steering pump.

If anything is missing let me know. Im putting it in with my friends whos dads own shops for swaps. :2f2f:

Macadoshus
07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
While your at it you might want to get an upgraded fuel pump...also you can probably find alot more info about this by searching for past threads.

Good luck.

Yoshi
07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
hey guy, how about u check them FAQs... that's what they're there for.

DO SOME RESEARCH!

SR's don't have distributors... that's what those coil packs are for... IF that really was listed, then the seller has NO IDEA about motors.

proactive tip: Ebay for motors is 95% of the time BAD, Mmmm'kay?

listing things like hte PS pump sorta implies that there's a lot missing... I don't see the ignitor chip in there, that's some $$$, PS pump listed but no water pump huh? What about AC? u care about that?

Do you even have the chassis yet? S13? S14?
What kind of "SR"?
Is the harness cut or uncut?
"complete intake manifold".... wtf does that mean?
Does that mean there's no exhaust manifold?
Radiator? more importantly... stock clutch fan and SHROUD?

Prepare for flamage my friend, as there is at least one silly newbie every couple weeks with a very similar question. Read the FAQs and run some searches... learn all you can. THe more u know b4 asking questions, the more respect you will have earned yourself... as things stand, you're somewhere around -50.

Note that I'm tryin hard not to flame u myself, as I feel that's really counterproductive... but others are not so understanding.

Resources!!!!
- http://srownersclub.com/faq/index.asp
- http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/sr20detfaq.html
- http://www.srparts.com/install.html (you'll need all this stuff)

Sil-Abc
07-11-2005, 05:02 PM
i jon wayne am the human torch.... FLAME ON!!!!!!

SEARCH AND RESEARCH! go into the search field and put down something similar to what youre asking. See how many ppl asked the same question. Dont expect us to do all the research for you and tell u to get this. If thats the case then ill be nice and tell you what u need. U need to upgrade to 740cc injectors cuz the injectors if comes with is too small for the new fuel pump

infinitexsound
07-11-2005, 06:41 PM
john wayne any relation to the gun slinger? and how do i join LP? isnt there an application form? cool thanks ....... lol

back on topic........... ummm u know i think the mods should make the faqs in big bold red letters........

gasser
07-11-2005, 06:53 PM
you might wanna get a tranny when you get that swap.

zero.counter
07-11-2005, 07:15 PM
visit http://www.srswap.com/faq/index.asp

'Nuff said

theicecreamdan
07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
dont forget NOS for initiating the Drift on mountain roads.

infinitexsound
07-11-2005, 08:13 PM
dont need NOS..... just tap the drift button

theicecreamdan
07-11-2005, 08:15 PM
where can I get a drift button?

infinitexsound
07-11-2005, 08:32 PM
the group buy's 5 bucks shipped hahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahah this is too much

theicecreamdan
07-11-2005, 09:39 PM
is this the one?

infinitexsound
07-12-2005, 12:34 AM
no must be v2........

g2ic02
07-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Don't cheap out when you buy a clip, go to a reputable seller like heavythrottle.com or venus auto. Pay the extra money to get all the necessary parts. If you wanna make 300 buy the turbo kit on heavy throttle(stage 1 turbo upgrade) and buy all the necessary stuff to go along with that.