PDA

View Full Version : Right Window Wont work

shayrgob240
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM
I have a 95 240sx and my right power window wont work. What should i try and do to fix it. thanks!

Chernobyl
07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Take off door panel, buy multimeter, check electrical signals to and from window motor.

Rarely, power windows can simply get jammed too. Happened to our Z32 once. Some strong-arming fixed it.

Al_S14
07-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Get a 12v battery, remove the door panel and feed 12volts directly to the motor to see if it is not fried . You may have to reverse polarities depending wether window is up or down.
if it goes up or down then test pass door switch(continuety in diff positions) according to the ETM. Then if its ok test master switch . if that is ok check for bad conection at the door harness plug aka inspect all pins and wires.

o but wait most important of all......check fuses first it could be that simple. and check if you're gettign battery voltage to the motor.

shayrgob240
07-10-2005, 04:56 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I just tried something!!! I ran a wire from the battery to the motor and i also grounded it. I turn on the car and the windo gos up by itself. YES! So then i disconnect the wire going directly to the battery and i connect it the way it was from the factory. So i turn the car on again and i press the button and it went down! I was sooo happy! And then i tried to get it back up but it wouldnt go up. What is the problem? I now know that the motor is good. Any ideas?

shayrgob240
07-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I also just tried the drivers side. The drivers side is not working at all. So the only thing that works is the passenger side when wanting it to go down but not up.

infinitexsound
07-11-2005, 02:09 AM
u know what ur problem is the same daymn problem im having........ first it was my passenger now its my driver....... driver side motor took a poop.......... so........ theres few things that can go wrong... and usually its the motor, amplifier, switch. pretty much............ and i rigged a little cable tester hooked to the battery to test all that........