PDA

View Full Version : What is this hose?

jdmintegratyper
07-07-2005, 01:02 PM
I recently got a new tranny for my car (90 240sx) and I noticed that there are 4 plugs on the tranny and a hose up on top. What is that hose for? Also, what is that extra plug? How can I tell what year this tranny was out of?

statik
07-07-2005, 01:04 PM
hose is breather tube(vent), as for the plugs, you should have 1 for the speed sensor, 1 for 4th, 1 for 5th, and one for reverse if im not mistaken.

projectRDM
07-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Close. S13s will have neutral positon, reverse, 4th gear, 5th gear, and VSS.

S14s will have all but the 4th gear.

jdmintegratyper
07-07-2005, 02:35 PM
So what year 240 does it sound like the tranny came out of? my old tranny has 3 plugs plus the Speed Sensor. the new one has 4 plugs plus the speed sensor. Any idea?

aznpoopy
07-07-2005, 02:51 PM
So what year 240 does it sound like the tranny came out of? my old tranny has 3 plugs plus the Speed Sensor. the new one has 4 plugs plus the speed sensor. Any idea?

S13s will have (one) neutral positon, (two) reverse, (three) 4th gear, (four) 5th gear, and (speed sensor) VSS.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

johngriff
07-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Well, look.

This can be a enormous head-ache for you or it can be easy.

If you want to Identify every plug Please take a picture, post it up, and you'll get help imediatly.

In all reality, you only need two of the sensors though

*Speed Sensor
*Reverse Lights

4th and 5th gear sensors (neutral position? i dont know about that) are for speed cut, so you might as well leave these disconected anywho. (I dont know if you will thwart it by just doing these btw).

The Speed Sensor is all the way pretty much at the tail of the tranny and is either going to be a cylinder w/ a wire sticking off of it, or a cylinder shaped hole, if it is not there (dont be afraid, just use you're old MT5 Speed Sensor). Im dont remember off hand witch switch is the reverse lights, but...by bridging the two wires together (disconect connector, use a piece of wire to jump the terminals on the plug), with the key in the "ON" position (just on, not runing) Have sombody stand in the back of the car, and wait for the reverse lights to kick on.

Thats about it.

John Griff