PDA

View Full Version : Distributor ass. install. Lining up timing marks?

brainfood
07-01-2005, 12:01 AM
I couldnt find any install info in the fsm. and I installed the new distributor and set the base timing but it is at full max adjustment and it is barely in spec and the car hessitates right off idle if you give it too much gas like the timing advance causes a lean condition and it has to correct and pull timing. also it idles rough when comming up to a stop or without the a/c on ie low idle as apposed to high idle. So I am thinking that it is either the distributor isnt installed right and base idle is a little off or there is a vacuum leak or the egr valve might be stuck open causing unmetered exhaust back into the intake thus causing a lean condition till it pulls timing and corrects via o2 sensor readings. The egr thing is only because it is throwing code for the egr solenoid and I checked it isnt the harness and I havnt had time to pull the intake manifold to check the solenoid I figure I might as well buy a new one before I pull it so I dont have to pull it twice just pull it and change it out. Any ideas on why the car runs like this let me know?! The car seems to run fine otherwise pulls to redline maybe its a little down on power but other than that seems fine.

edit:
forgot to ask about proper install on the dis. I tried to get it as close as I could to compression on cyl #1 and installed it with the 2 marks on the distribtor ass. and the gear lined up. If I pull the valve cover are there timing marks on the timing chain or somehwere to line up when its installed?